AEROSOFT AIRBUS REPAINTS

paul777

Just recently downloaded the new ETIHAD repaint for the Airbus A321-IAE. After installing the zipfile into the

installer it didn't show up on the listing after it was installed. When opening FSX this model didn't show up on the A321 models either. I tried re installing it but it says already installed.

I have also gone into my A321 files and cannot see this repaint anywhere. Can someone please shed some light as to why

this repaint doesn't show up anywhere in my FSX even though it says it has been installed thankyou

Best Regards

paul777

Have you looked in all folders concerning the Airbus ?

Have you tried just unzipping the file and installing by hand ?

Are you running the Livery Manager in Administrator mode ? Using Win 7 myself I have this set by right clicking the icon and selecting < Advanced > and the option to run as administrator is shown , simply tick the box .

Unfortunately you do not tell us which repaint you are trying to install and by that I mean the complete name of the repaint or a link to where you downloaded it from , so doesn't make it easy to actually help .

The Livery Manager does have it's off days . This was the reason for my first question as I have an issue where installing a particular A318 paint ( just one , not all ) , it is constantly being installed in an A319 folder and even though I have enough experience with Airbus paints I prefer to install any paints by hand .

John

Hi John,

I downloaded this from the Aerosoft repaints website. It is the A321 NEO Etihad Airways New colours (A6-AED) By Daniel E. The problem is that it says that it is already installed and I have checked all the Airbus folders and nothing in there that confirms it has been installed. Even when opening FSX it does not show up on the listing. I have installed previous repaints using the Livery Manager without no problems whatsoever so I don't understand why this repaints is playing games. If it says already installed then it should be visible and it is not.

Rgds

paul777

Just downloaded this myself and was unable to load using the Livery Manager . By unzipping and using COPY & PASTE it does show up in the sim but the repaint itself has been made for the AirbusX Extended , so some edits have to be made in the aircraft.cfg . It would appear that the Livery Manager from the Extended and the latest version are not 100% compatible .

[FLTSIM.X]
title = Airbus A321 NEO Etihad New Livery A6-AED
sim = A321S <--- remove S
model = SHARKLET <--- add this
panel =
sound =
texture = etihad_nc
kb_checklists = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id = A6-AED
atc_airline = ETIHAD
atc_flight_number =
ui_manufacturer = Airbus
ui_type = A321-231 IAE Sharklets
ui_variation = Etihad
ui_typerole = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types = GATE
description = Repaint by Daniel Engelhardt

After adding and editing the cfg entry shown above the last thing to do is copy a texture.cfg from a working paint from ( in this case ) another A320 IAE paint .

John

[FLTSIM.X] <--- renumber with the next consecutive number
title = Airbus A321 NEO Etihad New Livery A6-AED
sim = A321
model = SHARKLET
panel =
sound =
texture = etihad_nc
kb_checklists = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id = A6-AED
atc_airline = ETIHAD
atc_flight_number =
ui_manufacturer = Airbus
ui_type = A321-231 IAE Sharklets
ui_variation = Etihad
ui_typerole = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types = GATE
description = Repaint by Daniel Engelhardt

You did change the line [fltsim.X] ?

To recap :

1 : Do not use the Livery Manager to install this paint . It didn't work for you OR ME .

2 : Unzip and < CUT / COPY > & < PASTE > the folder Texture.ethiad_nc into the Aerosoft Airbus A321 IAE folder .

3 : Open the readme file with notepad and copy the [fltsim.X] entry as shown above into the aircraft.cfg found in the Aerosoft Airbus A321 IAE folder making sure to change the X to the next consecutive number .

4 : Change the lines sim= and model= as above .

5 : Copy a texture.cfg as described in my previous post .

If you follow this as described the repaint should be selectable in Free flight once FSX is running as this is how I installed this paint .

post-29473-0-64418500-1422651023_thumb.j

John

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into the same problem with other liveries. The problem was solved by running the livery manager with administrator rights (right click on the desktop item and choose 'run as administrator')

Have you looked in all folders concerning the Airbus ?

Have you tried just unzipping the file and installing by hand ?

Are you running the Livery Manager in Administrator mode ? Using Win 7 myself I have this set by right clicking the icon and selecting < Advanced > and the option to run as administrator is shown , simply tick the box .

Unfortunately you do not tell us which repaint you are trying to install and by that I mean the complete name of the repaint or a link to where you downloaded it from , so doesn't make it easy to actually help .

The Livery Manager does have it's off days . This was the reason for my first question as I have an issue where installing a particular A318 paint ( just one , not all ) , it is constantly being installed in an A319 folder and even though I have enough experience with Airbus paints I prefer to install any paints by hand .

John

Archived