Daniel's TwOtter paintshop - Rebooted

Daniel Fürnkäß

Can anyone do fictional paints? I was trying to do something for personal use, but I can't figure out the paintkit. Here's what I came up with, on the HTAI model

Please login to display this image.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/29/2015 at 7:55 PM, Daniel Fürnkäß said:

I somehow decided to reboot my Twin Otter Paintshop ... no idea why ...

Some WIP screens, don't ask when they will be finished.
They are done, when they are done!

As usual those liveries will come with an interior upgrade, too.
I know there's no DHC-6-400, so I'm using the old Air Seycelles DHC-6-300 interior layout.

Greetings, Daniel

Anyone know of an Era Alaska (original green livery) repaint, per chance ?

Anyone wants to do me one I'll happily make a 10 dollar donation to a charity of their choice.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, Daniel Fürnkäß said:

After getting this many request on the TwOtter I thought I could give it a try again.
My TwOtter paintshop is reopened, but it will take time to get through the list. Sadly I can't consider all requests (it's just too time consuming doing all of them).

Here's the first one I started working on some time ago:

Loganair - G-BVVK

I really would like to see Aerosoft getting back to the Twin Otter Extended and make it Extended Extended (really like that topic, btw).

Liveries I plan on doing:*

Skybus - New Color (nice color theme, like it)
Winair - PJ-WII Update, PJ-WIT, PJ-WIP, PJ-WIJ, PJ-WCD
Air Seychelles - S7-AAF, S7-AAR (to complete the series)

Harbour Air - C-GQKN (Westcoast Air update) or maybe C-FGQH

Nepal Airlines - 9N-### (no registration chosen yet)

*No fixed list, final released liveries could change!

Cheers, Daniel

I'm not sure if you are still working on any new Winair paints, but just for your information, Winair now only has these registration
PJ-WIQ New Livery

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59839dc0e58c62ee93028117/t/5bf05e9570a6ad8a5c7da8b1/1542479523501/518_PJ-WIQ.jpg

PJ-WIU - New Livery https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8842269
PJ-WII - Livery is still in the old colours but the logo has been updated. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8904811
PJ-WIP - New Livery - https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8908963

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The exterior work  on my Twin Otter Extended - "Skybus Isles of Scilly Travel" G-CBML livery is mainly finished!
The rest of their fleet: G-BIHO, G-ISSG and G-CEWM will be done, too. All with custom details and as close to the original as possible.

Moving forward to the interior now!

Got some previews for you, too ;)

On 15.1.2019 at 20:24, Caribpilot sagte:

Very nice. Just incase you'll be doing a new Winair livery, this new video has quite a bit of detail on the exterior and interior of PJ-WIP

You have posted that request several times now, I know you are waiting for an upgraded Winair fleet, but I can't and won't promise anything... if my time permits, I'll rework my Winair liveries.
It mostly takes around 1-4 months creating only one livery so working on requests is quite an issue for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Next Up: Tara Air - 9N-ALO (former Air Seychelles S7-CUR, it's a 400, I know...)

The interior mainly finished as I already did the previous livery, only some Nepal tweaking needed ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if you could make a repaint of the new TMA (Trans Maldivian Airways) livery. TMA is currently the largest operator of twin otters in the world at around 53 aircraft in their fleet as of now

Here are a few images of the livery

On 27.2.2019 at 19:35, LTbIGGasS sagte:

Would be nice if you could make a repaint of the new TMA (Trans Maldivian Airways) livery. TMA is currently the largest operator of twin otters in the world at around 53 aircraft in their fleet as of now

Here are a few images of the livery

I will have a look at it, but no promise that it will be done!

On 6.3.2019 at 14:54, CaptianJab sagte:

I would also like to see some new Winair liveries. Especially an updated PJ-WII

On 21.1.2019 at 21:34, Daniel Fürnkäß sagte:

You have posted that request several times now, I know you are waiting for an upgraded Winair fleet, but I can't and won't promise anything... if my time permits, I'll rework my Winair liveries.
It mostly takes around 1-4 months creating only one livery so working on requests is quite an issue for me. 

Quoting myself on that request ;)

vor 23 Stunden , Sabretooth78 sagte:

Not so much of a request per se, but have you made or considered making some more "generic" Twin Otter liveries, such as those of private and charter operators, or simply something imaginary?

Quite often I find myself picking some random flight where an airline livery is not really suitable, and there seems to be a scarcity of more generic liveries - I'm thinking even something as simple as one of the default FSX C172 paints.

I’m sorry but I’m not planning on doing this as I got too many requests on updates and airline liveries.

• 1 month later...
On 21.4.2019 at 02:48, PilotGuyAruba sagte:

Please do this livery

I will have a look at it, but I won't promise that I will do it. ;)

As Herman already said I'm not a quantity kind of guy... if there's enough reference material available I will see what I can do.

Normally it takes around 2-6 months for me to create a livery as close to the real aircraft as possible.

Currently struggling with Tara Air, Loganair and Winair... alongside my bigger airliner projects...

• 8 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

All, there's no need to push Daniel for updates. He has told us of the many months a repaint takes and Winair isn’t the only one he’s working on. This is a hobby of his that he very generously contributes to the community for free. Please, just let him do his job in his time.

• 3 months later...

There will be no further updates on my Twin Otter liveries as an "Extended Extended" version was or is in discussion.

As I can't predict on how much this will affect the base textures and how they work in the simulator, I won't be putting any more effort, time and money in creating free liveries for now.

Reworking them afterwards will require lots of effort, time and money and I'm just not willing to spend this all over again!

Creating high quality free liveries is a pretty costly hobby regarding time and money spent in the process.

I'm looking forward to the Extended Extended Twin Otter and will then be back with updates.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Daniel, thank you for all the excellent liveries you've created over the years as a free service to the community, and especially given the time and effort you contribute.

I'll go ahead and lock this thread to preclude last minute requests. For those who wish to thank Daniel in some way, I suggest simply voting up his last post in the way you think best.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived