Aerosoft L-13 Blanik issues

a320maxi

Hello,

first of all I would like to say the Aerosoft Blanik X is by far the most accurate representation of the aircraft out of the 3 L-13 Blaniks availible for FSX. I proudly fly the real Blanik (I'm getting a GLD license) and I proudly fly the Aerosoft/OctopusG Blanik as well since the flight dynamics under normal conditions (no spins, etc.) are kind of close to the real thing.

Though, there are a few flaws the aircraft has:

- I get no wind sounds. I have a sound file for the wind in the sound folder, but it's set too silent, when flying, there's just absolute silence in the VC. Some drag rumble when flaps or speed brakes extended would also fit the aircraft nicely.

- I'm missing some ground roll and touch down sounds, this aircraft just needs them. It lands on grass runways (most of times...), not to mention that you're sitting only about 1,5m from the main landing gear, so I would expect some rumble to be heard in the VC.

- Sometimes after loading the aircraft the speedometer is frozen at 0, I tried checking if this is a part of the failure simulation built-in, but couldn't find any information nor solution to it. Would be nice if someone could confirm or replicate the issue.

-Just a little proposal: In my opinion the rudder effectivness is too high, in normal turns in the real aircraft I have to move my legs quite a bit to hold the ball in the brackets, in the sim however I almost need micro-inputs (of which of course I'm not very capable since I'm not a machine) so the ball flies all over the place in turns.

Another thing to mention would be the turn-rate, it seems a little too high as well. When flying in the sim my patterns are always as narrow as a line because, appearingly, the turn-rate is set too high.

As I said, it's a wonderful aircraft you have done, but it sadly has these little flaws. It's most probably not an installation problem I guess, I installed it four times, two tries on FSX, two on P3D v2 and always got the same results.

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm sorry for the late answer.

- I agree on the wind, it could be a bit louder. I've never flown a real Blanik though, just the ASK21, LS4, Discus CS and Astir, but on all of them the wind was much louder. I could imagine it to be similar on the Blanik.

- As said, I've never flown a Blanik, but I'll forward this

- I can't replicate this

- I'll forward this. One possible reason for this could be the different range you can press the pedals. Most hardware rudderpedals are quite different than real gliders ones.

Hi,

thanks for replying, it's ok.

The issue with the rudder pedals however does not seem to have anything to do with the hardware. From the spot view you can see that the rudder really is deflected only very little and corresponds with the deflection of my pedals, that are deflected very little as well. This indicates, that this is something caused by the .air file or aircraft.cfg, not by the pedals as a hardware unit themselves.

Remember, the Blanik is a slow, heavy, all metal glider, for which reason it needs quite some rudder input in turns, because otherwise it would simply flake out and start "falling" into the turn

Well, the product basically is incomplete in some aspects, but it's still the brave Blanik, it's still worth it. :)

Greetings

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

is there any information about a hotfix or other update to fix the issues described above after twoooo... :lazy_s: (months?)

Don't worry, just asking. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm sorry to come up with this topic again, but is there any news on whether the bugs and issues are being worked on? If there was any direct contact to OctopusG, I would ask them, but I can't since they are so stealthy. :D

Other than that I found another, although a rather aesthetical, thing in the meantime. If you open the aircraft.cfg, the first thing you'll see is an enormous mess, the lines aren't set apart, which makes any editing a hard work until you clean up that mess by yourself. I hope this small annoyance gets sorted out in an update as well.

As to the rudder effectiveness: The problem seems to be an improper balance between the rudder effectiveness and the inertia on the yaw. I have just had the first flight of this season in one of our Blaniks at LKKL. Having some reserve altitude left on final as usual, I have done a side slip. You just have to move your feet fluently to full deflection, not in a harsh way, but not too slowly. The Blanik steadily moves it's nose, which then settles when you see your aiming point just outside of the boundaries of the windscreen frame. That's it. In the Blanik X however, the same pilot action is followed by overshooting the nose, which then, after a moment of severe instability, settles.

Of course, there's no such thing as the Blanik, because you won't find two Blaniks, that behave exactly the same. Even our two Blaniks are different, in one of them you really need to go to the gym if you want to extend the flaps while above 80 km/h, in the other one you literally need to kick the rudder to get into a side slip, since it's aerodynamically a little different somehow. But I (although with my quite limited knowledge about the Blanik, compared to our instructors) can't imagine such a big deviation in terms of flight dynamics, like the one the Blanik X represents... Despite the fact it's a Blanik. :D

I know it's a simulator, so I don't expect it to behave exactly as any of our two Blaniks at LKKL of course (btw, the OK-2817 included in the add-on is one of our two Blainks), but I think there's some room for improvement. But there are other more important things, the sound for example, so the FD are not such a big deal, since I have already adjusted them to my experience.

Looking forward to an update. :)

Guys, I'm really sorry for this getting quite annoying for you (I suppose), but since there are zero ways to contact OctopusG (I grabbed their email address from Simmarket, but even that didn't work... :huh:), I'll ask you again: After almost 3 months, is there any news on whether these bugs and issues are even being worked on over there at OctopusG?

P.S. to guys voting down posts asking for support: Why the hell do you do that? It's quite lame, to be honest. Instead, save your daily red vote for something really bad, for something offensive...

• Aerosoft

Hey Maxi,

im sorry for not being able to help you out there. I will check if there is a contact address i can adhere to directly and make them look at this topic.

Jonas

• Aerosoft

So, i think i got good news for you!

The developer said he had a look at this topic and will try to fix your bugs as soon as possible ;)!

Jonas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, first of all a happy Easter Monday...

I would like to ask, whether you could ,in some way, hand me off to OctopusG directly if possible. I suppose you understand, that ,after such a long time, I would like to clear it by myself and have an insight on how the solution of the problems is progressing. I don't have a single doubt about OctopusG working on it, but after three months of feeling blind, because of the only very modest information, I just would like to get in contact with the developer without Aerosoft as the messenger, sorry guys... :)

So, is there any way you could get in touch with them?

Oh and another bug I forgot to mention: Flaps down leads to a pitch up.

We all know this is nonsense on most conventional aircraft and a myth built up by the programmers of flight simulators. This is no different on the Blanik, extending the flaps leads to a slight pitch down.

Hello again,

finally there's an update fixing some of the issues and bugs. Stanislav, one of the developers, told me the update should be rolled out in short time. Their website now states, that the update "is done". I just want to ask, whether Aerosoft has recieved the update already, or at least has recieved some information about it from OctopusG. I'm asking, because I don't see the update in the download shop and the "L-13 Blanik update is done" phrase is kind of unclear, since "is done" doesn't directly mean it's released, although on the other hand it would be logical to release it when it's done, which would mean it's released... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, so how is this going on with the update? It's quite a long time since you said you were "currently in the process of evaluating how to get the updated files".

I guess this is kind of a record breaking topic with 5 months of on hold-state... :D

Archived