Aes error scenery.cfg

Tommy090

Hi, I downloaded recently AES for FS2004 (window 7 )
When you first start gives me the error of scenery.cfg and once installed and added scenarios ISD (specified in the list Aes ) , activated from the library scenarios , AES does not see them and leaves me all the names in red as if he saw the addon scenery .

I have tried in various Forum and various topics , but I have not managed to solve the problem . Does anyone know how to help me ? Thank you very much !!!

Hi, I downloaded recently AES for FS2004 (window 7 )

When you first start gives me the error of scenery.cfg and once installed and added scenarios ISD (specified in the list Aes ) , activated from the library scenarios , AES does not see them and leaves me all the names in red as if he saw the addon scenery .

I have tried in various Forum and various topics , but I have not managed to solve the problem . Does anyone know how to help me ? Thank you very much !!!

Hi, I don´t can help you but I have the same problem.

For FS9 in additation another issue may generate trouble to detect installed addons:

When you have installed the FS9 to it's default directory below c:\Program files on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS, the UAC (User Access Controll) is active, then it could happen, that the Scenery.cfg of the FS9 is not changed in the original position in the mainfolder of the FS9. In this case Windows makes a copy into the "Virtual Store" to prevent overwriting the original file.
AESHelp will report this condition, when it is started and you can correct this.

post-127914-0-59553900-1419875304_thumb.

When I select, Yes, the follow message is: Scenery.cfg not valid.

post-127914-0-59553900-1419875304_thumb.

Where can i found the file to correct this problem?

post-127914-0-86428300-1419875303_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

I have the same problem and I am running it as Administrator. Has this been solved?

When you once have run the FS without Admin, you will have this warning as long as you dont correct it by press Yes when AEShelp offer to move the cfg file.

When you once have run the FS without Admin, you will have this warning as long as you dont correct it by press Yes when AEShelp offer to move the cfg file.

Hi. I solved the problem but I just want to give a little more feedback in case other people are going through the same. I found the solution by reading many posts regarding the same issue and I finally got the right one.

Whenever I installed the new scenery, I accepted offer from AES to move my NewScenery.cfg file to root location but I got a message saying that the file was too long to move and operation was canceled. Therefore I couldn't see newly installed airports available to assign credits (They still appeared red).

So what I did is I went to root folder of FS9 files and in the upper menu from the same window clicked on "Compatibility files", I CUT and PASTED all of the contents into the root folder of fs9 and voila. I could see the newly installed sceneries available to assign credits once I restarted AESHelp.

Thank you so much for getting back to me though.

Archived