ECM

thansson

I was doing a flight today using TacPack and spawned a couple of SAM sites in my flight path. As soon as the SAM was launched, all the countermeasures were deployed over a span of maybe four seconds! By the time the missile actually got close to my aircraft, all the ECMs were depleted with the obvious results. So this brings up a couple of questions:

• Is there a way to deploy the Flares and Chafe manually?! None of the switches on the RIO AN/ALE-39 panel seem to have any effect. I have mapped the SALVO FLARE switch to a joystick button but obviously it is of no use once all countermeasures are depleted!
  • Are the Flares and Chafe actually functional - as in does TacPack recognize them and induces a "disorientation" in the missiles that are tracking you?! Even with the whole load of countermeasures that were automatically deployed, the missile went straight for my aircraft!
  • Is the ejection seat functional?!!! :boohoo_s:

By comparison, I flew the exact same flight in the VRS F/A-18 and deployed the Chafe manually. I evaded about 4-5 missiles in a row and stayed alive until I was out of range of the SAM site.

--

Tomas Hansson

The ejection seat is not functional.

As far as the counter measures, I believe there is a selection in the RIO pit for manual/Pilot control of counter measures. I haven't found if there are separate controls for chaff. I have only been able to deploy flares manually and chaff auto dispenses with the flares

Archived