Direct Sound error when selecting Twin Otter?

T Bone

I have purchased and installed the Twin Otter Extended but having issues when I try and select certain (most) default liveries. For example when I select the “Alak Air” model it loads fine and I can fly it. However, when I select the Winair, or Moorrea , Yeti, BAW liveries in the selection screen I get a “DIRECT SOUND ERROR” that pops up after I select the aircraft.

In that error window it says something like “error openting wave file trim up”. Then if I OK it or hit X to close that window, a new error pops up that is almost the same thing but it might say “error opening wave file avionics master”. So I OK or X again and another one pops up with somthing just slightly different. So I go through closing about 20-30 of these errors and after the last one FSX crashes and goes to the desk top. If it doesn’t crash at that point, it crashes when I hit the fly now button to load the flight.

Any ideas what might be going on? I'm not good at solving computer problems and I have never had this problem before, even on my old Aerosoft Twin Otters (which I removed from the aircraft folder before installing Extended). Thanks.

Thanks for your help, however that didn't solve the problem as the same thing is happening after this update. I then also removed the aircraft from the my aircrafts folder and re-installed it to see if that made a difference, which it did not. Any other ideas?

Archived