Missing break impact on low taxi speed

flugmatz

Hi,

this is about how to save the life of marshallers:

When taxiing on very low speed (idle) while making the last 20m to the gate or PP there is no break impact at all. I have to use parking brake to come to a stop- otherwise I kill the marshaller. There is also no indication on the break pressure gauge (not only at low speeds!) except when using parking break. It makes the use of authomated docking systems very complicated.

Any advice or fix?

Best

matthias

PS: Now I found out: The plane moves even with parking brakes on and idle thrust. At a crawl- but moving. So the summary is: No break pressure indication (all speeds, but is indicating WITH ENGINES CUT OFF), no impact of breaks on low speed, no complete standstill with idle thrust and park breaks on. The latter seems to be "normal" FSX behavior. The missing break impact and the pressure indication is not.

I have the same problem (v1.21). I cannot come to a full stop with the brakes (and not with speedbrakes and full reverse either). Only the parking brake will let me stop.

Dennis

[EDIT: You have to move the left brake and right brake sensibility WAY up in order for it to work.]

@Dennis: I was affraid that someone comes up with hints like yours. But I am talking about the simple way to stop the bird- using the .-key or an assigned button at my joystick. If it doesn't work there, advanced hardware (which is IMHO not a requirement for A3xx series) may cause even more problems. So if there is anybody from the developers side who deals with that issue- pls concentrate on the .-key functionality with your reply...

Just tested the IAE-Bus. Its the same: No brakes, indication only with engines cut off

Archived