Why isn`t TopCat recognised ??

I have purchased and installed both PFPX and TopCat but when I click on "Takeoff" within PFPX I get an error message that "a fully licenced version of TopCat is required"

Where am I going wrong??

Thanks

George

Hello,

Have had to reinstall (yes the dreaded hard to believe hard drive crash) TOPCAT (2.74) and PFPX (1.16). PFPX does not recognize that TOPCAT is installed, Used to work great. Yes, both are properly licensed and activated.

Thanks,

Rob

I finally fixed this problem. I noticed that TopCat was not showing in the list of My Programs on the Start menu. I also noticed it was not listed in Control Panel "Programs and Features", therefore could not cleanly uninstall it. Keep in mind that the whole time this was the case, I could start the program and it would show that it was registered with my license key.

So I renamed it in its default location "Programfiles(x86)\TopCat" and installed in the root of my Applications drive, the same drive as PFPX, which is in its default location of Aerosoft\P.....

In any case problem solved. It all works as it should. So even if this all seems nonsensical (it does to me) I decided to re-install the program that seemed to be missing. Also decided to go with a root install "X:\TopCat" instead of the programfiles option.

This was driving me crazy. So now all fixed.

Rob

Archived