Sandefjord Torp X - Serious mesh problems

Jarlsberg

Hi there,

Purchased Torp yesterday and I first have to say that it's splendid work from everyone :D

Though I have some serious mesh problems at the airport which makes it impossible to enjoy the scenery :/

I have basically tried everything there is; changing mesh settings, deactivated all my other sceneries (including freeware Norway sceneries as NSX III, Norway Mesh, AoN ++), redownloaded the scenery from both of your servers. Moved all addons from Scenery/World/Scenery to a backup folder, nothing works :(

Also, using Orbx Global, the photoscenery seems to be summer/fall until January. Allthough this is realistic according to seasons in Norway now, the rest of the country is white, which is a really bad transition.

15443688073_903760bdc6_h.jpg

15441040644_39868ff81e_h.jpg

15875886628_26eea94d79_h.jpg16037544296_57163abd39_h.jpg

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. After deactivating all other Norway addons in the library (temporarily), it's important that you restart the simulator for Torp's mesh to show up correctly.

Furthermore, files within AoN with the name ento in them has to be excluded when using Torp X with AoN.

I have done that, and the only thing that is fixed is the south carparking, the rest is as shown in the pictures.

Deleted ENTO files yesterday, and they will never see the light of day on my comupter again :D But still issues :(

By then I will pobably have reinstalled the whole simulator :( I used alot of time on this yesterday, and now I'm just plain bored of trying to fix it

There shouldnt be any need to reinstall the simulator. The only addons you have which should interfere with Torp X are the Norway freeware ones, which should be working fine with it with the correct files removed from them. As FTX Global goes, the scenery was tested and proven fully compatible with it.

As I said, tomorrow I can send you some files that may possibly just solve the issues, without you having to uninstall anything. I'll PM you as soon as I can.

Again, sorry that you're experiencing this. It's my priority that everyone enjoys the product, which has been my motivation for doing this in the first place.

I tested the scenery on a laptop where I only have installed Torp X, Bergen X and the Norway freeware sceneries. I deactivated all addons except Torp, and yup, still the same porblem. I am just curious. Have the scenery been tested with Norwegian freeware sceneries like Norway Mesh (and the new Norway Mesh v.075), NSX III, and Norway GA Airports? I will try to locate any files outside of the Addon Scenery folder that might belong to any of those packages, because even after I have deactivated everything, the issue still exists.

Like said, I have deactivated all addonentries but my problem seems to consist

I deactivated NSX II and the mesh problem at the car parking disappeared. Only one problem left, that's the large building hanging in the air on the north part of airport.

LGG

I deactivated NSX II and the mesh problem at the car parking disappeared. Only one problem left, that's the large building hanging in the air on the north part of airport.

LGG

I still have NSX 3 installed, but yes, the south carparking was fixed once I deactivated Norway Mesh

Are you maybe using FTX Global Vector? If you use that one please deactivate the airport elevation for Torp correction in the Vector Configurator.

Here's what I did:

Removed the CVX_Torp.bgl, and replaced it with the FTX Norway one. Then made the corresponding height adjustment in the AS afcad (87.171m). Now it looks good, except the runway/taxiways also need the height adjustment (flickering).

I use only P3D\FTXG\FTXN, and have removed all of my own AoN files and all the FTX files for ENTO (yes, including ALT files), except from the CVX. My FTX Vectors is only collecting dust.

I think removing the FTX mesh file mesh_multiLOD4-12_FTX_EU_NOR_block1c.bgl is not a good idea. According to ORBX, it covers a lot more than just the airport, and when I tried this, the south end of the runway became flat and lifeless.

16070786945_f6813d7a57_b.jpg

Please see this post: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89967-torp-sandefjord-x-mesh-fix/

I think removing the FTX mesh file mesh_multiLOD4-12_FTX_EU_NOR_block1c.bgl is not a good idea. According to ORBX, it covers a lot more than just the airport, and when I tried this, the south end of the runway became flat and lifeless.

It's optional and it's what I found to be working best at the time. However it's of course allowed to experiment if a better solution is found.
I would really advise against modifying the AS AFCAD though as there are multiple AFCADS connected the config tool. Meaning you'd have to change them all.

I did this just to check the mesh related stuff, and it is something I don't recommend others to do. I tried the mesh fix, but the "parking" hill became flat (same as apron height). The original afcad is already back. Tried to make new, crude CVX to make things softer in the south end of the runway, and then the parking hill was there with the stone wall properly pushed into the mesh, but also the floating buildings were back.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an e-mail from Simmarket today, a day after purchase, that a new version was available. Downloaded, installed, and now everything has been fixed. THANK YOU!

I'm now going to amend my review.

Hello

i ve installed the new version of the scenery via simmarket but for me it does not fix the mesh problem with orbx norway. i have the elevation terrain at the end of the runway again. I have to apply again the fix we found here on the web. its not a solution to desactivate some lc files from Norway....

i thought the new version will have corrected that...

but perhaps come it soon or i do something wrong.

have nice flights

Pierre

I don't see a fix for ftx norway compatibility, but there's a mesh fix for the floating objects.

Sadly, ENTO is not compatible with AON. If the developer is reading these forums, I'd like to request to make this airport compatible with AON.

I can easily remove the ENTO files from AON, but I get the floating objects with AON enabled.

I will be glad to pay for compatibility.

Thanks.

Hi,

To clarify, version 1.01 includes the mesh fix (pinned post) as an option in the config tool.

I'm communicating with ORBX's Holger for a better FTX NOR blend and it will be included in - likely - the next Torp update.

As for AoN, if you deactivate the 'ento' related files, you should not have problems. I have personally worked on Torp with AoN active and in mind. However there has been some reported mesh issues with Norway_GA_Airfields active, and I'll look into this.

To sum it up, I'm working hard on making this scenery more compatible. There will also be more fixes/additions in - again, likely - the next update.

I will be glad to pay for compatibility.

Thanks.

It will be free of charge :)

Hi,

To clarify, version 1.01 includes the mesh fix (pinned post) as an option in the config tool.

I'm communicating with ORBX's Holger for a better FTX NOR blend and it will be included in - likely - the next Torp update.

As for AoN, if you deactivate the 'ento' related files, you should not have problems. I have personally worked on Torp with AoN active and in mind. However there has been some reported mesh issues with Norway_GA_Airfields active, and I'll look into this.

To sum it up, I'm working hard on making this scenery more compatible. There will also be more fixes/additions in - again, likely - the next update.

It will be free of charge :)

Joakim,

Thank you.

I enabled the latest Norway Freeware package and only AoN & AoN Ground and I still get the floating Houses. Without the freeware package, the fix eliminates the floating objects. It works with FTX Global, Vectors, and OpenLC.

I hope you can make this airport compatible with the freeware package. It's a great region. I was going to add FTX Norway, but I'll wait for airport like Oslo, Bergen, Sola, and ENVA to be compatible.

Jose

Archived