Sandefjord Config tool not working in P3D 2.4 (plus work around)

sejannasch

When i open the Sandefjord X config tool there is no preselected option for Taxi Lights (at least "No Lights" should be selected). Whatever i check in the settings, pressing the "apply current settings" button leads always to the error message "Konnte die Daten für Option_Summer nicht setzen (Cannot apply Option_summer).

Regards Sven-Eric Jannasch

• Aerosoft

Okay, here is a temporary work around:

Within the P3DMainFolder/aerosoft/Torp Sandefjord X/config/Winter

COPY the files ending with .BGL to Torp Sandefjord X/scenery - say yes to REPLACE
COPY the files ending with .DDS to Torp Sandefjord x/texture - say yes to REPLACE

(NOTE: When switching seasons in the configuration tool, you switch season for objects that cannot have their seasons in FSX/P3D, meaning the photoreal background and ground polygons seasons are controlled by the simulator. for this scenery, the photoreal background has a winter setting for January, February and March, this IS mentioned in the manual)

Thanks for reading and this issue is on priority 1 to be fixed ASAP.

- Joakim

I also got this problem in P3D, but the temporarly fix is working. but I have another problem as well. The scenery is extremly laggy! when i fly in the area around the airport i am getting really low fps, but when i am flying at for example Bergen with the scenery, I am getting good fps. Is this a known problem?

When i open the Sandefjord X config tool there is no preselected option for Taxi Lights (at least "No Lights" should be selected). Whatever i check in the settings, pressing the "apply current settings" button leads always to the error message "Konnte die Daten für Option_Summer nicht setzen (Cannot apply Option_summer).

Regards Sven-Eric Jannasch

Hi Sven-Eric

have you tried installing Torp with administrator rights?

If not:

please uninstall the product and make sure all files are removed from your FSmainfolder/Aerosoft/Torp Sandefjord X.

Reinstall the product by right click on the download file you've recieved and select "Run as administrator".

After applying all suggestions during the install procedure right click on the config shortcut which you can find in your start menu and run the application the same way (as administrator) as the install routine.

We are not able to reproduce the issue and as it remains as an admin right issue that might solve your problems.

Tim

Tim,

I'm also having the season switcher issue. I followed your process, made sure I was running everything as an admin, and even after reinstallation, I'm still getting the error. I tried the fix that Mathijs posted above and still have the error.

Hi

please check whether you got the correct registry settings.

You can find them by open the registry manager (start -> type in "regedit" + press "Enter") and get into the following path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Aerosoft\Torp Sandefjord X - PREPAR3D V2.x

Right click on the registry folder "Torp Sandefjord X - PREPAR3D V2.x", and export it.

Just zip it and send it to tim.schaefer@aerosoft.com.

May we will be lucky enough to get it reproduced then.

Tim

Hi

please check whether you got the correct registry settings.

You can find them by open the registry manager (start -> type in "regedit" + press "Enter") and get into the following path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Aerosoft\Torp Sandefjord X - PREPAR3D V2.x

Right click on the registry folder "Torp Sandefjord X - PREPAR3D V2.x", and export it.

Just zip it and send it to tim.schaefer@aerosoft.com.

May we will be lucky enough to get it reproduced then.

Tim

Done!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i too have the P3Dv2 'Konnte die Daten für Option_Summer nicht setzen' when trying to apply settings.

Can someone advide what the parked Wideroe Dash8 options are in the 5 folders? The folders are named WIF0 to WIF4, so which folder does what option?

I'd prefer to have either WIF Dash-8 off or maybe just Dash-8 at hangar and cannot set these in the config tool due to the 'option summer' problem.

Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have an "fsx.exe" in the P3D root folder, try removing it and running the tool.

Many thanks, Lifenbaucher. It worked. You made my day.

Cheers,

Iouri

Archived