X-Plane 10 on Steam

ScottMan

I built a new PC for my son as a gift for xmas. The goal was to combine the PC with X-Plane 10 and some hardware accessories to aid in his flight training. I purchased the Steam version of X-Plane and when I attempt to run the application it crashes immediately. I have tried setting compatability mode to Win7, ensured all drivers are updated, etc but no luck.

Anyone have advice on other troubleshooting ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as you and are also looking everywere incl. my Granny`s handbag but nothing yet.I am a bit.......No...bloody P off with the situation..I will post when I know more.

Hello,

in the FAQ List (link from the Post 2, thanks STALKER), you find a point 8.

Verify the Game cache (X-Plane files).

Additionally you can try to reset the X-Plane 10 preferences.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88148-reset-the-preferences/

If that all don't help.

Than we need more infos i think.

Operating System, Hardware used (Grafic Card , video RAM) and so on...

And in the X-Plane 10 main folder (how to find you can read in the FAQ List too), there is a Log.txt file.

Please post it here as an attachement file.

May be, we can see something wrong in it.

Greets Heinz

• 2 months later...

Greetings. Last time we posted, we agreed to wait for v. 10.35 to come out to see if my problem goes away. New version, same problem with crashing on exit. When trying to restart, I get message that app is already running, and the only solution is to reboot PC. I sent log.txt via e-mail. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting for final release of v. 10.35. As for now, X-Plane is completely vacant from my system. I suppose I can fire up the sim, and just not close program until end of the day. But if for any reason I have to close program, I will have to reboot system in order for program to completely shut down, before I can restart it. All options have been tried above to no avail. I'm not giving up yet, but looking like I made have made a sixty dollar donation to company. How long does a beta run usually last? Thanks. S. Sumner

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

in the meantime the 10.35 (Steam and Box) is final.

You can see it with the X-Plane 10 Menu - About - About X-Plane.

Greets Heinz

RE-installed newest version, which is build number 103503. Did a file verification as well. Same problem as before. Crash on exit, and cannot restart program without rebooting PC first. All suggestions in previous posts have been done with same results. It was stated in earlier posts that there have been other users with the same problem. What are they saying now? I would go to Steam itself, but I get directed to this forum. Unfortunately this forum has not been able to help me. Unfortunately, I feel like this was a financial mistake on my part. Will try P3D next, which will be an even larger financial risk.

One more point. I try to close The Steam main page from the drop down menu at the upper left corner, and I get the message to shut down X-Plane first. I have done all the above you have suggested. You nave been no help. I am done.Kick me off this forum whatever you want to do. I'm out 60 bucks. Live and learn.

Archived