After install of 318/319 (version 1.21) FSX now won't start!

Very very strange here folks.

I ran FSX this evening, closed down and then decided to install the latest 1.21 version of the 318/9.

Installed normally.

Rebooted.

Went into to configurator to tweak the "realistic route", etc.

Ran the ezdok configure.

Started FSX.

Trusted the recorder and RAAS dll's.

Now it just sits there, 10+ minutes, and when I however the mouse over the window I get a "not responding" so I close it down.

Rebooted and attempted a re-start twice with no luck.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Oddly enough I had the same thing a while back right after I installed a new skin for the 318/319. Ran fine until I went to use it the next day and it wouldn't load-not responding.

I sat there pondering what to do (didn't want to re-set my CFG as it was running as I wanted and had no back up!).

But I did have an old CFG on file so I copied my current one and pasted in the old one and FSX started. I changed the default plane to the Cessna and copied back the original CFG (with default plane changed) and everything was ok after that. Very strange.

Thanks Mathijs and NineLives

As I said. Seems to have fixed itself after a number of re-boots.

I had a lot of redundant trusted DLL's in the cfg file for the previous versions of RAAS, Airbus Xtended and previous 318/19/20 and 21's!!! I cleaned it out and we seem everything seems stable but I have the new 320/1 to install now.

Archived