Help please - flaps don't extend & can't find wing sweep auto mode

Top Jockey

Hello again everyone,

Really need your help:

- the flaps keystrokes don't work, and the "flap command" lever at the cockpit doesn't either;

(I'm having very difficult time to take off and land.)

- can't find the auto wing sweep mode knob (or keystroke).

Thank you.

Does that mean the wings are swept fully AFT in emergency mode?

Yes they were, I was only able to swep them forward, by clicking directly at the wing sweep meter.

And how can I fully extend the flaps ?

It should extend with normal flap input. If not, then you might want to check that the correct version of MSVC REDIST is installed (see Vol.1 of the manual for the download link).

It should extend with normal flap input. If not, then you might want to check that the correct version of MSVC REDIST is installed (see Vol.1 of the manual for the download link).

Ok, i'll see that.

And which command (keystroke or knob), activates the auto wing sweep management ?

So, I'm I doing something wrong or what guys ?

I've installed the recomended MSVC redist (2008 SP1), and no avail.

I've assigned new keystrokes, and the flaps seam to be on auto mode or something.

The only keystroke which seamed to effect, but very little extend (doesn't even help at take-off that much), was the "float" (or floaters ?) command...

I don't understand 'jack' about this.

Should I have some extra 'control modes' selected first ?

Is this a bug or I'm I doing something wrong ?

Thank you.

Sounds like either mis-mapped keys (which I think you would have picked up on), or more likely, a bad install of something. That sort of debugging isn't really my specialty, so maybe one of the Aerosoft staff who deals with these things more regularly can help? I hate to punt, but this is pretty far outside the range of expected behavior.

P.S. DLC and Maneuver flaps are assigned to the Floats button, which is why you had a partial deflection. It's a completely separate input from the flaps handle.

Top Jockey. Not fully awake yet, so I accidentally deleted your post. Here's the response on the control input:

With wings forward of 50.5 deg, the main flap handle is active. The auxiliary flaps interlock is at 21 deg sweep, and they will deploy automatically with the main flaps (but not with the maneuver flaps).

The main flap handle should move down (extend) with either a right mouse click, mouse wheel down, F7, F8, or with a hardware axis input, and move up (retract) with left click, mouse up, F5, F6, or hardware axis input.

I might have the left/right mouse-clicks backwards, but everything else should be right.

No problem.

(The answer to Thrakazog was: I'm using the F-14X only with FS X.)

Well I might try again, but I bellieve something is messed up.

Those inputs you mentioned, should work always (with aircraft on the ground), regardless of anything else, right ?

Or do I have to activate some other command or system before ?

And what command toggles the auto wing sweep ?

Flaps will retract using any of the methods above as long as your wings are swept far enough forward. There is no built-in key command to set wing sweep to auto. You can however use FSUIPC to set your own. See Vol.3 Page 23 in the manuals.

Flaps will retract using any of the methods above as long as your wings are swept far enough forward. There is no built-in key command to set wing sweep to auto. You can however use FSUIPC to set your own. See Vol.3 Page 23 in the manuals.

Thank you.

So, in that case, they are not working at all.

About the wing sweep I bellieve there's a little knob at right throttle lever, which does command the wing sweep - but it doesn't work either.

Is this all possibly some bug ?

Because it's not much rewarding to play a brand new game without those 2 elements working correctly...

Have you seen this video? I can tell you with pretty high confidence that this isn't a "bug" in the traditional sense, because if it were bug then it would mean flaps wouldn't be working for anyone and this package wouldn't have made it out of beta if that were the case.

So the issue is likely on your computer's end. If you've seen the video below and are interacting with the systems as intended, then it would seem probable for it to be an installation issue. Maybe the wrong version got installed (e.g. if you're running SP2 and installed the Acceleration version), or potentially the simconnect interface has been corrupted.

Have you seen this video? I can tell you with pretty high confidence that this isn't a "bug" in the traditional sense, because if it were bug then it would mean flaps wouldn't be working for anyone and this package wouldn't have made it out of beta if that were the case.

So the issue is likely on your computer's end. If you've seen the video below and are interacting with the systems as intended, then it would seem probable for it to be an installation issue. Maybe the wrong version got installed (e.g. if you're running SP2 and installed the Acceleration version), or potentially the simconnect interface has been corrupted.

Yes, that was one of the first I saw.

It really is strange, even at high speeds the glove vanes come out with the wings swept forward (the 20º or so config.)

When 'auto' mode is selected, I can see the emergency wing sweep knob moving below the transparent cover... but on outside view, the wings keep stuck forward.

I believe the problem can be at my end - could you explain better the 2 issues in bold please ?

Thank you for your attention.

Hey Top Jockey,

If you've watched the video, things may be fixed for you already. Just in case, the wing sweep lever is next to the throttle in the VC, on the inside towards the pilot. Once you move it all the way forward, you still need to close the safety cover to engage auto sweep. It can be easy to miss, standing next to the throttle. But if you click on it, it will close, and press down the sweep lever to engage auto sweep. Hopefully that helps some. It's a blast flying this plane, so hope you are in the air soon. :)

EDIT: Looks like we posted around the same time, and reading yours, looks like mine is no help. Still I hope you work things out soon. Would like to have you enjoying the plane with the rest of us. Good luck.

Hey Top Jockey,

If you've watched the video, things may be fixed for you already. Just in case, the wing sweep lever is next to the throttle in the VC, on the inside towards the pilot. Once you move it all the way forward, you still need to close the safety cover to engage auto sweep. It can be easy to miss, standing next to the throttle. But if you click on it, it will close, and press down the sweep lever to engage auto sweep. Hopefully that helps some. It's a blast flying this plane, so hope you are in the air soon. :)

EDIT: Looks like we posted around the same time, and reading yours, looks like mine is no help. Still I hope you work things out soon. Would like to have you enjoying the plane with the rest of us. Good luck.

Hello again, thank you for your attention!

It's a valid advice - I might well be forgeting to look at that detail !

(However I believe I have something messed up - as the flaps refuse to fully extend... the flaps lever refuses to move also, although the gear and parking brakes ones work perfectly.)

Maybe I can't be here tomorrow, but I will come back thursday in seek for your help, to correct things in order to get this Tomcat right! :)

Thank you all.

Hey guys i have found an issue with the landing lights not illuminating the ground in front of my F14X, it looks as though the light is partially illuminated but no light actually hits the ground, what can I do to fix this issue. I have eliminated graphics card issues because I just put a new card in and all my other aircraft light up properly

F14X Landing Lights

Hi guys i have issues with the landing lights not illuminating the ground, all of my other aircraft are ok and are doing what they are supposed to do.

I tried the default command L key and still nothing, now it's not my graphics card because I just replaced it,

I think maybe aerosoft need to possibly do a patch to resolve it.

I have also uninstalled the F14X and reinstalled it and still have the same issue, unless I am having a blonde moment and can't seem to find the switch lol, anyway any help would be very much appreciated

Hey guys i have found an issue with the landing lights not illuminating the ground in front of my F14X, it looks as though the light is partially illuminated but no light actually hits the ground, what can I do to fix this issue. I have eliminated graphics card issues because I just put a new card in and all my other aircraft light up properly

Hey FALCON-DRIVER,

You probably shouldn't hijack another thread with a new issue like that. It's sort of bad online manners :) It would have been better to start your own.

However, to quickly answer your issue, it's part of the upcoming hot fix being worked on.

As per jcagle's post -

"Hotfix 01: External Model and P3D optimization

- Fix texture bugs (FSX/P3D)

- Fix external light logic (FSX/P3D)

- Fix Effects (P3D)

- Fix Canopy Material Properties (P3D)"

Hey FALCON-DRIVER,

You probably shouldn't hijack another thread with a new issue like that. It's sort of bad online manners :) It would have been better to start your own.

However, to quickly answer your issue, it's part of the upcoming hot fix being worked on.

As per jcagle's post -

"Hotfix 01: External Model and P3D optimization

- Fix texture bugs (FSX/P3D)

- Fix external light logic (FSX/P3D)

- Fix Effects (P3D)

- Fix Canopy Material Properties (P3D)"

yes sorry guys i was not on my pc and my phone messed up

Hello again everyone,

Well, as jcagle suggested, maybe I have choosen the wrong FSX version while installing the F-14X...

I believe I have the FSX Acceleration, and not the "Gold Edition" - which was the one I thought I had and therefore was selected on the install process.

Now everything was uninstalled, hard disk is being defragmented before installing everything again.

Do you people think that the wrong selection of FSX version might be enough to cause those flaps and wing sweep malfunctions ?

Thank you.

Archived