Tankers (inflight refueling)

Xenomorph

I just tried it as well, and it worked flawlessly for me.

Using the F-14B and the VRS Superhornet tanker.

So it certainly isn't a general problem...

To get help, you'll probably need to provide a bit more information. Just stating it doesn't work doesn't really tell people who can help what might be the problem...

Hope you get it working soon...

Well I spawned the tanker as usual within TacPack and then tuned the TACAN freq which should of given me directions to the tanker. But I didnt get any heading que on thew HUD, so I tried to find the tanker with the radar and that also didn't show up with anything. I then cancelled the tanker and tried again and still nothing, tried a total of 4 times and nothing.

Does spawn time include the A-6 tanker?

I request tanker in the drop down menu when airborne and never see the tanker visually or on radar.

If it appears later then I have missed it somehow.

I have tanked from other AI takers using the regular TacPack drop down menue without problem.

I started the flight in one of the on deck scenarios and requested the tanker once airborne,

Does spawn time include the A-6 tanker?

I request tanker in the drop down menu when airborne and never see the tanker visually or on radar.

If it appears later then I have missed it somehow.

I have tanked from other AI takers using the regular TacPack drop down menue without problem.

I started the flight in one of the on deck scenarios and requested the tanker once airborne,

I think near 5 nm - just notice than tanker changes course to the direction of wind (its a very important information!).

In the first time I had a problem too. After some of practice - easy to find him :).

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to use the VRS key for the probe(I) and got smoke (FSX key for smoke is I). Tried hitting the control/shift M- no change?? Is there a FSUIPC code or AS key for the probe?

Tried to use the VRS key for the probe(I) and got smoke (FSX key for smoke is I). Tried hitting the control/shift M- no change?? Is there a FSUIPC code or AS key for the probe?

I believe the key command mode only works when you are in the VRS Super Bug. When flying aircraft other than the VRS Super Bug, default (stock FSX) key commands are in use. So the "I" key in the F-14X will be tied to the stock FSX command, which is smoke. There is a switch in the VC to extend/retract the refuel probe located on the left vertical panel in the pilots cockpit.

Archived