Peter Dowson's FSUIPC Autosave Compatibility, and aircraft state save in general

Joachim (Joe)

This is has probably been mentioned a few times briefly in many threads, but I wanted to create a thread about this, as this is very important to me and maybe others too. I know that we are all fighting with the memory limitations of FSX and this will continue, as this can't be changed for a 32bit application. The OOM issue comes and goes as we try new scenery, aircrafts, tools, different settings, etc. We all know what it's like to get an OOM issue in the middle of a flight or at the very end of the flight before completing it, the more reason to get our bus working with the states. And it's not just memory; with all the add-ons FSX is just not stable, even if it's not at fault all the time.

I would really like to see the Airbus be as compatible as some other aircraft with auto save, where one can simply reload simulator and continue from where it crashed. Pete's FSUIPC Auto Save has been around for a long time and is the most reliable solution I found, I've tried different auto saves but nothing worked as reliable at this one. It has nice configuration options through FSUIPC.ini too.

Now this is all wishful hoping but can you tell me if Aerosoft is working on making the Airbus more compatible to "FSX saved files" ? That is what Autosave does; it's not proprietary; it is saving the FSX save file along with all related files. The Airbus has new state files, so I am wondering if this is not what is needed to reload the plane with exactly the same settings, positions, status? Even if the Airbus uses it's own state save through the MCDU, can this not be made to work in such a way that after an FSX reset, one could continue? This would be so nice.

Thank you for listening

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Joachim,

you are right, this is a very important subject. We are currently still struggeling to save (and of course also to reload) a complete flight (FSX and Aerosoft settings) in one e.g. that you do not have to save the flight in FSX and the Airbus state seperately. This already works if you save and load the flight within FSX (not from the Free Flight Menu) but there are still some Airbus settings missing respectively not "interpreted" in a way they should be. And this is the issue we are working on and which has our priority. If we have fixed this then we can start to talk about additional functionality like "auto-save" - but to make it clear currently this feature is not on our working list.......... and to make to compatible with FSUIPC is not our task......

Regards,

Rolf

Dear Rolf,

Thank you for your answer.

So from what you wrote, you guys are working on making the airbus work from loading a normal saved FSX flight, that's good... and that's pretty much what "auto save" uses; the default FSX saves, so if that works with all settings in due time, I don't see why auto save would not work. I will be waiting patiently then and looking forward to updates. :)

Kind regards,

Joe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Joachim,

we implemented a functionality into FSX that also the for the Airbus necessary settings file (as a special seperate file) is also automatically saved and loaded. I do not think that FSUIPC will automatically do (and can do) the same because it is an Airbus feature and only works if the Airbus is "active"......

Regards,

Rolf

Dear Rolf,

Are you referring to the .asc and .fms files? When FSX saves the flight plan, these files are also loaded right? Well, then when I load an auto saved .flt, saved through FSUIPC Autosave these files will also reopen. FSUIPC's Autosave saves related files, since these are also saved when saving the FSX .flt files, along with .wx files etc. PMDG does the same; it has separate .sav files? Autosave also works with this.

KInd regards,

Joe

Archived