Cabin Crew Announcements: Can pilots really hear this in the cockpit?

maukro_1990

Hello Ladys and Gentleman,

i´ve got an interesting question. There are some really good addons for getting cabin crew announcements for our Flightsimulator out there but is this really realistic? I mean it´s really cool to hear some announcements but is it possible that the flight deck crew hear this kind of noise through the hard, bulled proof cockpit door? I watched alot of pushback videos from inside the cockpit and i can´t really hear any words from the cabin crew (welcome etc....). I mean there´s the thick cockpit door and the noise of the cockpit itself....

It would be cool if you have an answer for me ;)... !

maukro

• Deputy Sheriffs

We as pilots can hear the announcements over the headset when we turn on the PA on the Audio Control Panel.

Without the headset/speaker in the cockpit we hear next to nothing.

Imo it is a nice immersion feature for getting the airline feel as a non pilot but it is not part of the everyday life of a real airline pilot.

Btw, people applauding, very rare nowadays, is also not heard.

We as pilots can hear the announcements over the headset when we turn on the PA on the Audio Control Panel.

Without the headset/speaker in the cockpit we hear next to nothing.

Imo it is a nice immersion feature for getting the airline feel as a non pilot but it is not part of the everyday life of an real airline pilot.

Btw, people applauding, very rare nowadays, is also not heard.

Okay, thanks for your reply. That means to me that having a cabin crew addon is "nice to have" but not more. I´m sure that i don´t wanna buy an addon like this, now. I want to have my simulator as real as possible so there is no need to have cabin crew sounds if real pilots don´t really hear these sounds^^.

You told us that you´re a pilot: Are you a Boeing Pilot?

Greetings from Germany,

Maurice Kroll

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've spent a fair amount of time in the jumpseat of many air carrier aircraft, including -8-400s, CRJs, all the Boeings but the 78', DC-9s and 10s, and the small Busses. What "The Dude" says is exactly my experience in what I listed.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky to board on A300 flight on jumpseat for 45minutes for full flight. I had chance to hear cabin announcement from the headset. although volume was pretty low. I believe it was from the right ear section. For left section, you have to able to communication with captain.

• 1 year later...

By the way, there is a very nice Freeware program which not only adds a great many flight crew announcements, it can be fully customized!

The program I'm speaking of is called FSX/FS2004 Cabin Announcement Panel, and you can watch a tutorial here:  Youtube Video  I've used the software for FSX, and it worked flawlessly. 

Below are two programs that I haven't tried.

Intelligence Cabin Announcements (search the AVSIM Library)

FSX Flight Attendant Information (search the FlightSim.com Library)

There are also a few payware products.

Best wishes.

Archived