Bye bye FPS

hapankaali

Hi!

I just recently bought A318/319 & A320/321 bundle and I have been flying around a little. There's one not-so-little problem: my smoot fps is gone. Like totally destroyed. With other heavy add-ons like PMDG NGX or 777 I can easily get 30-40 fps while in cruise, but with the new Airbus I get 5-15 (usually less than 10) in similar conditions. This just makes no sense... I'd like to take the Airbus out for a spin every now and then, but this just renders the whole add-on unusable. I've tested it, and the sluggish fps is not because of the clouds or anything else, it's the Airbus.

I'm running the following specs:

- Intel core i7-2600 k @ 3.40 GHz

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (probably the weakest link?)

- 8 Gb DDR3 RAM

• Deputy Sheriffs

1.- Copy your FSX.cfg to another file for back-up purposes

2.- Delete fsx.cfg

3.- Start your FSX. Let it rebuild fsx.cfg

4.- Exit fsx. Edit fsx.cfg and under graphics, insert a line with "HIGHMEMFIX=1" without quotes.

5.- Save your fsx.cfg

6.- Start your airbus config program and select Hw. rendering for ECAMS. Deactivate logs.

8.- Start FSX, load one of the birds.

9.- Tell us

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad to see things are going better.

For me is a kind of challenge when seeing someone is not being able to enjoy those magnificent birds.

Regards

Archived