AF2 File issue with Dublin

fanblade

Dear Team,

I need some help please.

I have just run four trips from EGKK to EIDW to test this theory with the AS A319.

Problem, Dublin Airport has missing runway taxiway and lights if you do not use Autogen. I do not use Autogen, However if you remove the AF2.bgl File all the texture markings appears including all lights. The downside is all the signage is in the wrong place and the AI park inside the buildings.

I have repeated the flight four times two with the AF2 file two without. I only run FTX Global no Ireland addon from orbx or any other scenery and UT2. note UT2 does not produce any AFCADS.

Can I ask where I can investigate to see if the FSX default BGL or Orbx BGL is causing an issue. As I said no AF2 file gives full textures, with it included all the RW/TW and light do not function...so there must be something in that file causing an issue.

Please could you advise.

Thanks

Mopperle,

Thanks if you could do a longer flight with the AS 319 no AG on that would be helpful...as I said only FTX Global installed, what is odd though is the picture of the superimposed aircraft on the taxiway? is this in Aerosoft?....be great to use this product with no AG....I am no expert but still think the AF2 is causing an issue.

Will monitor this for your reply

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

My screenshots in the other post were made with FTX Central set to Global. The ac on taxiway is from the photoreal underground used and for some reason not being covered by the taxiway textures.

Confirm that as I only have FTX Global mine is set to Global..there is no other setting...I have just un and reinstalled AS Dublin again and done another test flight no AG but still the same and I still see the imprinted aircraft..on the taxiway....

The scenery is at the top of the Library so gets first priority...LOD is set as 4.5 TMB 50 FFTF 0.10...just do not get this issue with any other scenery including AS ones except Madeira...which again according to Oliver Pabst requires AG on....

If you have time could the developers look at the AF2 file..maybe

Appreciate the help

The 65 million dollar question Ray!

Where do I start...

Seriously the houses are wrong for the uk the sizing is wrong they look cartoonish they are placed at the end of runways next to main airports....and so on..also there is an impact on performance...

I fly tubes all the time so AG at 30k is just not worth it....this is a very personal opinion I know others love it...bit like Marmite!!!

The issue I have with Aerosoft is they are producing scenery that requires according to the support team member's who say I must run AG on and never turn it off????why for Pete's sake never known such an issue all other software houses airports run without this! ...fair enough but, they should state this in their sales info!

I have tried until I am blue in the face to get Dublin to run without AG and it does not...missing textures everywhere....to me this is unfair on the customer if is states this fair do!

I have purchased many AS sceneries but this is the second time I have been caught out Madeira X is another!!

Anyway, lets see what they can find....I believe there is an issue sin the AF2 file....

All the best

I don't think anyone expects house styles to match each country. They're there for effect and to add a bit of realism. The increased autogen in FSX is what makes it so much more appealing than FS9.

You won't get much of an impact on performance with a minimal setting just to get airports to display correctly. But if performance is such an issue why buy complex airports especially those that hit VAS like Dublin? Those will hit fps much more that a reasonable autogen setting.

Aerosoft probably don't specify autogen is required because 99.9% of people will have the minimum level enabled. You are the first person I know who wants it at zero. That is unusual to say the least.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry fanblade, but you simply missed the point.

• It has never been sayed that turning Autogen on will solve you problem. It was an suggestion as turning it off can cause problems (and not only with airports developed/published by Aerosoft), as explained by a valuable developer.
  • In my other post I showed you that even with Autogen=0 everything was OK, In addition to this testflight I made another one yesterday night with Autogen=0 from EDDM to EIDW (nearly 2 hrs) and also everything was OK.

So, for me, there is only one reason for your problem: A misconfiguration of your PC and/or your FSX. You can try a reinstallation of EIDW, together with an untweaked fsx.cfg (except the HIGHMEMFIX) and default FSX settings.

Will try,

But have already re installed EIDW 4 times now each time clearing the registry. Further this is a clean Windows and FSX install....

FYI when I uninstalled EIDW I went to the default EIDW and there was no sign of any imprinted aircraft on the taxiway...once I reinstalled the imprint was back..

Many thanks for the time trying to understand this....but can I ask why is it the airport is fine without the AF2 file...eg all texture show but as I said it mucks up AI and signage everywhere....

Another thing discovered is on approach if I stop...re load the scenery library all is good...EIDW is at the top...I think this is the only way I can get round this without AG

Re turning off the AG by the notable developer much respect to him but......no AG on equals missing runway at Madeira......just find that odd when other airports do not need that sort od set up. Will try another fresh CFG

Thanks for the help thus far.

Well Mopperle,

I am stumped! I can not get this to work like you without AG on.... you say it must be something else...but what? this is a clean install clean windows install...why do I get the imprinted aircraft on the ground....and you do not?.....this scenery runs fine if you start there but will not load up on arrival.

All other sceneries including AS ones are working..except this...I do not know where to look I just cannot see what is causing the texture issue...the only base scenery is Orbx.. meme usage is well with in limits..

As I said if you uninstall EIDW the default is fine..is there any thing I need to look at for duplicates and where?...

A total mystery

Is this an AFCAD issue

Many Thanks

AS Team,

I have flown this over and over and cannot run without AG on as a tube flyer AG is not relevant to me....how did you achieve this Otto?....Can I kindly ask any other user of this scenery to try using the Airbus/PMDG without AG on just to see if it is me....

This is nuts..it loads perfectly if you start there...if you fly there, you get no runway/PAPI lights etc and no markings anywhere and an imprinted plane in the middle of a taxiway...

No there is no conflict it is the only airport in Ireland I have with Orbx Global and LC Europe.....I do not know where to look in the World folder for any other BGL/Afcad that may be conflicting...given no one else sees this it is odd...but it just ruins the experience.....

If anyone can throw light on this...no pun intended I would be grateful

All the best

Archived