AP issue?

geforcexp

Hello!

I will try to describe an issue i have with the airbus. It is the only issue and it practically makes the airplane unflyable.

During the climb phase of my first flight (A320IAE ) around 12000ft with AP on fps were dramatically reduced from 17 to 2-3 (fsx fps locked at 30) while the aircraft started banking to the left and to the right up to almost 80°, going up and down stuttering severely. Half a minute later it stops but starts again after a minute. In every flight this behaviour was repeated when today i decided to handfly the airplane. Everything went fine, actually extremely fine, with no issues at all when at 29000ft i engaged the AP and -voila!- stuttering returned wtih the airbus banking and pitching. I really have no clue what is going on. After some search i found out that another guy in avsim forum reported the exact same problem. I quote: " [...] I bought the new Aerosoft A318/319/320/321. Being an owner of the Airbus Extended, the upgrade price was quite friendly.

To my surprise where the Extended performs very good and smooth on my system, the new Airbusses stutter like crazy. It makes the aircraft totally unflyable. My framerate is in the 30-ties but every few seconds it shortly drops to only 2~3fps.

I have tried all kinds of settings, but no dice...[...] "

Is this an autopilot issue? Does anyone have any ideas? Please, i'd really like to fly this aircraft.

What system are you running? CPU, FSX or P3D, win7 or 8? Etc

I am running FSX Accelaration Pack.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, CPU Intel Core Duo T6500 2.10, 2.10

ATI Radeon HD4650

When running FSX with the aiirbus loaded CPU is around 65% (mean value) and RAM used is less than 3Gb i think.

No CTDs observed

check the topic on fps in the Divers section. There might be so tips there. It is for sure not related to the ap.

Mathijs,

I tried everything stated in that topic, but no fix yet. It's like there's a routine in the code that's executed every 5 or so seconds which makes a large impact on my not so recent (anymore) hardware. It must be a code that's not in the Airbus Extended, since that one (as I stated in my Avsim topic refered to by OP) ran as smooth as I possibly could expect on my system.

I'm wondering if it could relate to the graphicscard driver.

Archived