DA20 Katana in Prepar3d v2

Philmo

Hi, I realise Marcel is busy with the PC-6 Porter at the moment but are there plans to release a Prepar3d v2 version of the Katana in the near future?

Just tried a Trial Introductory flight in one of these at my local flying school and was very impressed. If I took the next steps to a PPL the Aerosoft Katana would be a great asset.

• 1 month later...

Can you please let me know how I can install the Katana in P3D v2.4. The installer seems to only support FSX. I have 1.04 version.

I tried installing first to FSX and then copying only the Simobjects part of the installation over to P3D. I can see and load the plane but there are several problems in operation like the fact that the plane sticks to the ground and does not respond to throttle to roll on take off. I think something is missing from the simulator like modules installing in other system folders of P3D.

Well it seems to be working in general by just copying the simobjects folder from FSX. However I keep getting the random phenomenon of the plane being stuck on the ground and moving just slightly when applying full throttle. Parking brake is off and no brakes applied. It does not happen in FSX. Anyone else had this?

I wish I could solve this as it looks gorgeous in P3D and runs smoother.

I am currently flying the Katana in P3D and the only issues I find are that the settings are not saving. Even when I have the plane to load parked, always loads with the engine running, and the CHT gauge is always way way low.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

is there an update on this issue?

I'm really missing the Katana in P3D. In the current state it is not working properly (GPS, NAV, COMM, Failures...).

Thank you, have a good weekend!

David

I've just seen David's other thread... Can you guys try the same thing, i.e. running SimConnect.msi from "[...]\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\" (make sure you use this one, there are some other versions included...).

Tym

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i´m running Katana on p3D v2.5 now.

I use "Migration tool" from FSEstonia.

It´s working fine, even better than in the 2.4 version.

The only reported problem is that sim still "sticks" on ground, full throtlle nedded for continue taxing

Anybody have a solution?

Aerosoft, please consider solve this issue with an update or a new p3d version.

I will be very happy to pay it AGAIN.

This airplane is a "must have" P3D is poor without him.

Thankyou

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Well the lack of response means that AS seems not really interested in updating this plane for P3D. Commercial reasons?

Rob, as you probably know, the developer of the Katana is Marcel Felde. Currently he spends his limited development time on the Porter.

It is unlikely that he will spend time on the Katana in the near future, if at all.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/80189-pc-6-b2-h4-turbo-porter-4x-preview/page-7#entry665118

• 10 months later...
On 26.2.2015 at 09:30, rolaman sagte:

Hi, i´m running Katana on p3D v2.5 now.

I use "Migration tool" from FSEstonia.

It´s working fine, even better than in the 2.4 version.

The only reported problem is that sim still "sticks" on ground, full throtlle nedded for continue taxing

Hi, I have installed Katania in Prepar3D v.3.1 (without Migration Tool). It seems to work so far exept the cockpit lights. The Instruments Light switch does not work properly as only the Garmin GPS is illuminated. Any idea?

Archived