Mathijs Kok

Framerate issues, revisited again

I ran windows defender through the system and everything seems to be in order. Are there any known programs that conflict with the bus?

Thanks and it is an honor to write the 200th reply to this topic,

Tom

Alright, I think I've fixed it by uninstalling FSX and Installing it clean, not sure what the issue was but I think it was my lack of patience. Now I can continue flying this stunning aircraft and eagerly look forward to the imminent release of the A330.

Thanks for all help given,

Tom

Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with FPS running A320. Just have brand new installation of FSX SteamEdition and A320 add-on (from steam). FSX runnig smooth right out of the box and with some free aircrafts from the net. But if I select Aerosoft A320, FPS extremely drops to 1 frame per 8-14 seconds. Tried to reinstall both FSX and add-on, but nothing happend.

Have not ideas how to fix it... May be anyone know?

3 minutes ago, Doublehead said:

Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with FPS running A320. Just have brand new installation of FSX SteamEdition and A320 add-on (from steam). FSX runnig smooth right out of the box and with some free aircrafts from the net. But if I select Aerosoft A320, FPS extremely drops to 1 frame per 8-14 seconds. Tried to reinstall both FSX and add-on, but nothing happend.

Have not ideas how to fix it... May be anyone know?

Can you please provide your complete system specifications?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Can you please provide your complete system specifications?

Thanks.

Core i5-2400 3GHz, 8GB Ram, NVidia GTX650, Windows 2008 x64

PS: I had FSX and A320 addon some years ago on this PC and it was very good (PC was switched off for years :) ). But I my son brings his licenses back and I cant use it here now.

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Can you also please post the following file here:

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\AB_ND_GDI.log

Here is only 2 strings

--------------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\

3 minutes ago, Doublehead said:

Core i5-2400 3GHz, 8GB Ram, NVidia GTX650, Windows 2008 x64

PS: I had FSX and A320 addon some years ago on this PC and it was very good (PC was switched off for years :) ). But I my son brings his licenses back and I cant use it here now.

The news isn't good.  Your computer specifications is the very minimal capable of running the Aerosoft A320, so as you have found those minimal specifications produce minimal results.  You'll need to get your frame rates above 18fps for the aircraft to really function well, and the only way you may be able to do this is to reduce your FSX graphics settings and fly from airports that use default textures without any payware AI Aircraft. Additionally, your computer only has 6GB of RAM, so I would be sure to avoid running any other software while you're running FSX - that should help a bit.  If you have any graphics tweaks or Affinity Mask settings, I would remove them.

Doing the above, you should be able to sustain 18fps or better.

Best wishes.

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The news isn't good. 

Heh... Just do not expect new A320 is so resource greedy. Old version of A320 worked fine on this PC...

Tried to set minimum settings - and nothing changes. 1 frame per 10 seconds.

Please exit the simulator, open the Airbus Configurator and enable all debug/log options. 

Afterwards restart the sim and load the Airbus again. 

Wait a minute, exit the simulator again and post the above mentioned file again.

30 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please exit the simulator, open the Airbus Configurator and enable all debug/log options. 

Tom - you're a wizard :)

Problem was in the configs. By default, after fresh installation, there was not any A320 related ini files.( in the C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\ directory I mean). I beleve it was because I have cyrillic letters in the username.

Configurator said no SharedConfig.ini found etc. I have copied all these files from x:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\500201\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\ and now IT WORKED fine :) FPS is good for me, around 25-35 on the ground!

Thank you alot!!!