Twin Otter Float unwanted moves

ledan123

Hello

First of all I would say I am very pleased with my purchase. However I encounter a BIG problem with the float version of the bird.

While proceeding with the power and propeller levers checklist, the plane moves. I mean if I advance the throttle levers, the plane moves. This is not surprising since there is no brake available in water! It moves to the point I found myself airborne when advancing the throttles to 80% as per the checklist. If I keep gustlocks engaged I cannot move the propellers. If I disengage them, I cannot do the checlists since the aircraft doesn't stay in place.

What is the solution and how is it in real life ?

Thanks

There are no solution in FSX/P3D.

In real life You colud moore the aircraft, but I´m not even sure that these checks would be made in water.

The checklist is based on the wheeled versions, so if some of the checks cause safety issues in the water, simply skip them.

Finn

Archived