Increase Memory RAM

Hi to all,

Currently my PC is set adequately for A318/A319 with an everage fps of 25. I am thinking to increase the RAM from 8 to 16 GB.

Can this upgrade have a good effect on fps or it would be better replace my Video Card (ATI R7-240 2 GB)?

The PC is based on Windows 8.1 64Bit and an Intel Core I5-3240 3.40 Ghz.

Thanks for support.

• Deputy Sheriffs

more RAM will not increase fps, better to change the Graphic Card, and I would recommend Nvidia

I second that but don't forget the even a videocard will not bring that much extra as long as you don't overclock :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

To add: FSX is nearly evereything on CPU. So maybe you can overclock your CPU a bit.

But if you get a constant framerate of 25 fps, tthat's not too bad. ;)

• Aerosoft

To add: FSX is nearly evereything on CPU. So maybe you can overclock your CPU a bit.

But if you get a constant framerate of 25 fps, tthat's not too bad. ;)

But keep in mind that in P3D the GPU starts to play a major role.

As FSX is more or less fixed to the speed of core 0 of your cpu you can spend as much money as you want but it will never be as fast as you want. In P3D you can buy FPS by getting the best CPU and the best GPU. Just do NOT get a SLI system that still works bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived