Bad English "Is OK" call during Push Back Start CL

Scotflieger

Not to me mate. Throw another shrimp on the barbie and then we can put some tubes out for the garbo's and head off to Rotto in the arvo while taking a sickie.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Nick

The "is OK" call by the PF after Ground says "Start Engines at your discretion" is poor english. "OK" or "Starting engines" would be better. I am using the British crew settings.

You could edit the wav file with a wav editor (like the free version of Wavepad). Open the file, select 'is' (it's really very simple one you have the program loaded in front of you), cut that part (so you are only left with 'OK'), save and you're done. (Or select 'Ok' and delete the rest...)

One of the provided manuals tells you which wav file contains which text. Shouldn't be hard to find the right one. EDIT The file is called 'ASC_PF_OK'.

Being able to edit those files is great. For instance I got right of that annoying (imho) beep whenever a new checklists is available by silencing it. (Although right now you can also use the 'anti-cough' wav that has been posted on this forum to replace the beep wav. You could even use that 'cough' wav to replace the 'Is ok' wav with it (rename it to ASC_PF_OK and put it in the correct folder, overwriting the existing wav): in that case you'll hear nothing but that might be better than that odd 'Is ok'.)

Archived