Improving frame rates on the Airbus A318/A319

I've upgraded from the Airbus X Extended to the Airbus A318/A319 and I believe that I'm getting a worse frame rate.

I know that I have an older computer and I know I need to buy a new one, but that costs a fair bit of cash!

Any tips for getting things going a bit speedier on the flight deck?

Should go without saying that no, I'm not using the weather radar at all!

For those interested I'm using a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz, 8GB of RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. Yes I know it's old, but other aircraft get good frame rates, such as the 737NGX and other Aerosoft products like the Twin Otter Extended.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There's no support on the General Discussion forum where you posted this. I moved it for you to an appropriate place.

My system is related to yours. CPU is faster (E 8400 with 3 Ghz). I`ve overclocked it to 3,2 GHz and got 2-4 frames more. Very stable system, no temp problems or voltage problems.

Second thing was: installed clean OS and clean FSX. Defragmentation on HD, which is used for FSX after Airbus is installed.

And: I know, many simmers don`t like tweaking, but I got playable framerates with Tweak FPS for FSX. I´ve also tried Fiber Accelerator, but it couldn`t improve my system crucial with the new bus.

Eye candy on the ground? No, all sliders to the left. For me important: the plane, the weather (ASN) and the airports I´m actually using. Sometimes is fidgeting, because on some airports (the smaller ones and the FSX ones) you can`t see the buildings, if all sliders of scenery are to the left. But Mega Airports are all working with low settings.

I got acceptable framerates (fluctuating between 15 and 50) with a focus on 20-30 (depends on situation). And I switch the weather radar on after starting. The plane and weather are looking very good. The rest is low graphics. But as an IFR pilot you don`t need to see the Eiffel tower or any animals. It would be nice, but with that system? No chance.

That is how I dealt with an old system (Core 2 Duo 3Ghz, GTX 260, 2 GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, win7 64bit)

P.S. I like using the Demo Versions of Drewicki airports. The difference to the payware is, that they have lower texture resolution. And this is exactly what I need.

P.S.2: I reduced the amount of NDB`s. airports, VOR`s and max. waypoints to 70 in the airbus configurator. This might also be a little helpul.

If there is something new, I´ll add it here.

Optimizing the system to improve framerate is a try and error process. Not every aspect is good for you what fits to my system.

I hope you can improve your frames.

Regards

AXE(l)

Well, I updated my A318-A319 with hotfix 1.10. I use ASN SP1 and haven't changed a single thing since installing ASN SP1. When I first bought and installed the A319, I had no issues whatsover. Even after installing the first hotfix...no issues. As soon as I installed v1.10, my frames took a massive dump and was getting 3-5fps. The plane was basically unflyable. I only did a few tests but when I disabled ASN, my frames returned to about 25-28fps. I have this feeling the newest update is not working well with ASN. Again, I had changed nothing at all before v.1.10 and all was working fine.

For now, I'll have to disable ASN in order to fly.....frankly not the best option. Not exactly sure what's causing it.

Archived