Route import and duplicate fixes

Hello,

As it says on the tin. Importing routes created in a CSV file becomes messy with duplicate fixes. For example it would pick WHALE in New Zealand thousands of nm away instead of the WHALE fix part of the NAR which is in Boston. Is there any way to define which fix you want in the CSV file without resorting to forcing it by coordinates only?

Thanks beforehand,

Belisar

To further add to the issue, I tested if I build a route in PFPX and then back it up and import it back into PFPX the route changes.

In the images, pfpxroute01.jpg shows the route as built and the correct one inside PFPX.

I then exported(backed up) the route and imported it back into PFPX. The result is not the first route, but a route that chases WHALE in New Zealand.

post-32716-0-27545500-1413973614_thumb.j

post-32716-0-31757600-1413973620_thumb.j

Yes, done but the solution is of general interest as long as you import large routes files (ie. SRD/NARs), and thus a solution, if any, present on the forum becomes public knowledge, helping others as well. :)

Archived