Well it's probably that I haven't had time to fully study all the differences and how to work with them. One thing I notice is in viewing the Schedule List with a handful of flights, if I want to delete a flight (i.e. KORD-KPHL), if I delete one I delete them all. Those planned on different days are deleted too. Even a cancelled flight, it's still there. I guess v1.16 assumes we want to keep cancelled flights in the schedule. Normally I do not.

Good example... I want to change the date of a flight. I re-plan it quick, release it and all's fine but there lays the original flight that I have no need of anymore. In both cases of cancelling it not, if I delete it, that action deletes the new flight with the proper date too. I don't get it.

Anyway... personal preference, that's all. Not a thing wrong with v1.16, just personal preference.

Doug

I rolled back because of a lot of things that are really weird is happening in 1.16. I uninstall everything and re-install them back again. I saved my PFPX data files with all my schedules and 252 aircraft registered in my PFPX. and no one answered my problem. If you want I can send it to you. but i'm not sure how. Also I have some orange dots on the flights that I never planned. Usually it is just plain white, not to mention 1.16 makes my schedules goes out of order. Usually it's by the increment of time but now it is all jumbled up. There's also a detail page which have nothing in it. There's no default flight crew.

post-102123-0-54654400-1412891200_thumb.
post-102123-0-33261500-1412891178_thumb.
post-102123-0-99913300-1412891155_thumb.

Hi, Doug. I think the delete feature can be dealt with. Mind you that it offers two modes via the button. Deleting a single line item or deleting all flights in the schedule.

As for sticking to older versions, this might bite you sooner or later when you need a bug fixed or just hope for a future feature to make it. So if it's just about getting used to some of the UI changes, perhaps better start exploring now give the devs some input on how you like this and that.

Still, as long as older installers work and activate (there's an online part involved), nothing is stopping you from using them of course.

Be careful if you are going to run parallel folders. PFPX has the templates, schedule, aircraft etc in the Public Documents\PFPX folder so would be sharing that folder - could get out of sync. Also, much data is persisted in the Windows Registry. It is keyed off the program name, so if you have 2 folders, but the pfpx.exe is the same name in both folders, you could get into odd behavior.

Not that it cannot be done, just have to be aware of where all the data is persisted.

Archived