Crash to desk top

sumnersd

Just wondering if anyone has the same prob. I too have the line of Airbuses from Aerosoft. I set up a flight at say for example EGLL, with the A318. I will then try to load up the 319, or 320 to do a comparison of some sort, but while going through the change, FSX crashes to desk top. The only other process running is EzDoc. Could this be a memory problem common with FSX. Thanks

There is another thread where FSX hangs when either exiting fsx after using any of the new Airbussssssses, or when trying to change between them. I believe you may be having the same issue. the developers are working on it.

The only solution for now is to change to say the trike before either exiting or switching Airbusssssssses.

Hello. I am also have been expericing numors CTD. I am running windows 7 x 64. ASN SP1 and airbus A318/A319 V1.10.

Most recently, I was loading a flight from KSBA to KMMV in the A318CJ. I was sitting on the RWY 25 in KSBA and clicked the "TERR" button and the FS CTD.

Few days prior I was crossing the Atlatic in the BA A319 200nm from the Irish coast and CTD.

Few days prior to that, I was landing in SKAR in an NK A319 downloaded from aersoft forum. Short final, CTD.

I have followed the steps outlined here with no effect.

There are a few common reasons why FSX may crash, I will list them in order of what we encounter most

1. Weird tweaks to the FSX.cfg you found on a website. If you only knew how many problems we solve by deleting the FSX.cfg and letting FSX build a new on on startup. Around 15% of all our support is solved with this tip. Many of the 'valid' tweaks have side effects, see point 2.
  2. Running out of memory. When you add a nice aircraft (even one so light as our Airbus), a great scenery, some general add-ons for textures, a great weather tool, your online flight software etc etc, you are playing with fire. FSX is a 32 bit app and has only acces to 3.something Gb of memory. If you have 16 Gb or 8 Gb, the amount FSX can use is the same. Google VAS + FSX and you find a lot of info. We can only say that for every developer making sure that VAS use is limited is absolutely vital.
  3. C++ runtimes. These are files that are used by modules. They extend the Operating System. Unfortunately Windows does not protect them very well and it is possible to overwrite correct files with wrong ones (32 bit files on a 64 bit OS for example). There is a lot of freeware (also for FS) that is not well correct in this. We have always informed the developers when we find these issues but we're not the runtime police.
  4. Add-ons that simply do not play by the rules. These can be add-ons that replace default files of FSX without letting the user know (oh how we hate those developers) or add-ons that interfere with existing functions without it being well documented.
  5. Problems in FSX. Linked to item 4, but more often it's SP2 that not installed correctly.

• Aerosoft

If there is no definable action or error to investigate it's impossible to give any advise. Keep in mind that that FSX on it's own can crash without solid reasons!

Debugging these things is a pain in the neck but always should start by reducing the amount of add-ons that are running.

OK, here is the one I most recently got:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Heres another:

fsx.exe 10.0.61637.0 46fadb14 ai_player.dll 10.0.61637.0 46fadb57 c0000005 00037489 10e8 01cfeccd6be04670 E:\FSX\fsx.exe E:\FSX\ai_player.dll 4106a513-592c-11e4-83e6-d850e6d14d43

Another:

fsx.exe 10.0.61637.0 46fadb14 unknown 0.0.0.0 00000000 c0000005 74dacb49 5e4 01cfecc01df6a81f E:\FSX\fsx.exe unknown 28641b5c-58b5-11e4-a7c4-d850e6d14d43

Unforuntally the crashes only seem to happen when running the airbus A318/A319.

Thanks!

Ahhh...you know what...stand-by. I changed my settings. I forgot to run FSX as an Admin this flight. Let me do another test flight. Funny thing, I was into the flight by about 3 hours before it crashed the most recent time though.

Archived