Blue hockeystick on descent (seems fixed)

bpcw001

Hi,

the following happened today (A319 IAE):

Cruise at FL360, all managed mode, white hockeystick indicates TD on ND.

Tune in 3000ft in the FCU as target altitude for managed descent. 10nm before TD init the descent by pushing alt selector on FCU.

Aircraft descends with 1000fpm, violet caret comes down on PFD alt tape, aircraft intercepts descent path and descends in IDLE mode.

So far all good.

Now, switch from managed descent to selected descent by doing the following:

Tune in 250kts on FCU, pull selector

Pull vertical speed selector and select V/S manually

Increase the target altitude for descent on FCU to FL100.

Doing this, I get no blue hockeystick indicating where I would hit FL100 at my current speed (which is greater than the selected 250kts) and descent rate.

Hotfix 1.11 installed.

Thanks

Also happens with CFM model (not really a surprise).

I may add that the initial target altitude for managed descent is the FAF's altitude, at that's where the blue hockeystick remains stuck when switching from manged to selected descent and increasing the target alt.

That used to work before SP1. Please have a look into this since it makes flying selected descents a bit harder than need be without the hockeystick prediction.

May I also add that the enery circle is missing which was there before SP1.

If you need more information or want me to try out things for you to analyze the problem then please get back to me.

Thanks

Same issue... At managed descent at a rate of say 2000 feet /min, switching to open descent and going to 5000 feet/min won't move the blue hockey stick. SP 1.10 win 7, P3D 2.4, IAE and CFM 319. Mas

Cant replicate gents.

Screenshots please. Additionally, attach your MCDUFPLNCSTRData.txt, FMGS.log and MCDUFPLData.txt in a zip AT that moment where it happened. Those files can be found in: Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus

Cant replicate gents.

Screenshots please. Additionally, attach your MCDUFPLNCSTRData.txt, FMGS.log and MCDUFPLData.txt in a zip AT that moment where it happened. Those files can be found in: Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus

Will test tonight when home from work and will provide the requested information.

OK. Here comes the story:

1. Cruising along at FL360 with TD displayed, all managed

post-28438-0-52235100-1413835400_thumb.j

2. Managed descent initiated, target alt 3000ft (which is the FAF altitude), first constraint correctly displayed as 4000ft, blue hockeystick is apparently at the FAF(?)

post-28438-0-62227200-1413835445_thumb.j

3. Now going selected. New target alt FL250, speed 250, V/S -2000. The blue hockeystick is certainly not where we meet FL250 (being at FL280 already) and is basically stuck to where the last prediction was when in fully managed mode and turning up the target alt to FL250 before switching to selected. (Turning up the Flightlevel was the first I did when still in managed mode).

post-28438-0-91533700-1413835502_thumb.j

4. Even when FL250 is reached, blue hockeystick still in the same spot :confused_s:

post-28438-0-60572100-1413835566_thumb.j

And here the requested log files:

Airbus.zip

And the flight plan:

EDDSEDDW01.flp

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

And another one which might be interesting:

1. Selected descent (SPEED SEL, ALT SEL, V/S SEL): No blue hockey stick

post-28438-0-94348600-1413929732_thumb.j

2. Now I manually activated APPROACH phase, and the blue hockeystick suddenly shows up and actually works!

(BTW is it correct that after manual approach phase activation, the purple decelerate "D" is still there?)

post-28438-0-50161300-1413929783_thumb.j

Thanks for looking into this

I doubts so, we are looking into it but it is a very complex calculation. Btw also something that is not always okay in the real Airbus.

Hmm. It appeared to work pretty OK pre-SP1 though. But I might not have run into all possible situations.

Also, what I noticed if you manually activate APPR phase to get the blue hockeystick prediction and you go lateral selected with HDG, the blue hockeystick calculation along the set heading/track is quite performance intensive.

If you are in a selected V/S descent and change the HDG, the whole sim becomes quite choppy in the turn, with the indivdual "chops" coinciding with a newly calculated position of the blue hockeystick along the new heading/track. Should be definitely something to look into, since my FSX with the A319/318 runs silky smooth otherwise.

Just did a quick flight tonight for testing 1.12c.It was a great experience and the blue hockey stick was back, even in HDG mode...

The changelog didin´t mention that, so strange. I´ll do more testing tomorrow.

Thanks for your great job, team.

Miquel.

post-27390-0-43418100-1414445393_thumb.j

post-27390-0-89104000-1414445545_thumb.j

Just did a quick flight tonight for testing 1.12c.It was a great experience and the blue hockey stick was back, even in HDG mode...

The changelog didin´t mention that, so strange. I´ll do more testing tomorrow.

Thanks for your great job, team.

Miquel.

Is it? Gotta test tonight ...

Did a short test flight today and blue hockeystick seems to be back with 1.12c. Weird that this important fix wasn't mentioned in the 1.12c release notes. Will do some more testing.

Archived