Throttle problems thru FSUIPC

sebo

ok... dont get me wrong: but this thing makes me sick!

I bought the extension for my AXE (the A318/319) on the first day available...since then I am trying to set up the throttles.... I actually didnt ever took the addon for a spin yet cause of the surcumstances... crazy isnt it?!

The point is: Unfortunatly the Thrust levers just wont work! yes I did read the Manual 7 whatever, etc... I tried out like a fool... everything... really

I use the Saitek Yoke plus 2 throttle quadrants.

I did download the 1.1 Version now too and installed it like described here in the Forum. I did arrange the FSUIPC like suggested... believe me IT. JUST. DOES. NOT. WORK.

The reverser works (how ever, assigned to thrust decr.), flaps and spoilers work too... just the 2 throttles dont want to move when i shift em up...

As I wrote above, I have the AXE A320/321 too and everything works fine since ever. The AXE configurator (which came with the A320/321) is set up correct (FADEC invert and 2 axis count)

I know you have hundrets of costumers who can handle it but for me it just doesnt work so: Please, I mean P.L.E.A.S.E. tell me what the hack I am doing wrong... it drives me crazy!

Thank you very much for your valued efforts in advance

best regards from switzerland

sebo

hallo mopperle

grundsätzlich ist es ja wirklich einfach FSUIPC zu binden... mein A321/320 funktionieren top... hab auch nun das FSUIPC update runtergeladen, alle verbindungen gelöscht und meine ganze Flotte neu konfiguriert... der A318/319 will einfach nicht... ich könnt die wände hoch... ich muss irgend einen wesentlichen punkt übersehen aber welchen?! Flaps, Spoilers etc funktionieren... auch der reverser über Keys/boutten... blos schub nicht

Hello Sebo. Not sure this will work for you, but I have no problems with my throttles. I use the registered version of FSUIPC. The following assumes you have a throttle with two thrust levers. I use a Saitek Pro Flight Throttle (not the best quality...but reasonable price).

If you have registered FSUIPC:

-create two files (AirbusX_Thr1.lua and AirbusX_Thr2.lua)

-edit the two files as follows:

AirbusX_Thr1 add the line ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_0", ipcPARAM*-2)

AirbusX_Thr2 add the line ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_1", ipcPARAM*-2)

-copy the files into your Modules folder, contained in the root of P3D

-open FSUIPC and go to the Axis tab

-move the throttle axis you wish to use for engine 1

-assign Lua AirbusX Thr1 to that axis. Set the radio button to Send to FS as normal axis. The entries will not show up if you choose the Send direct to FSUIPC calibration radio button

-move the other throttle axis for engine 2

-assign Lua AirbusX Thr2 to that axis. Set the radio button as above

-for reverse thrust, I use the detente at the bottom of the throttle axes in the Saitek throttle. It is seen as a button. But any button or keyboard press can be assigned

I am not sure this is applicable to your setup. Perhaps you use different hardware for your thrust levers. Perhaps you only dedicate 1 thrust lever. This has worked for me for Airbus X, Extended and now A318/A319. The thrust levers move in unison, are accurate and consistent.

Please note: anyone using the above method to setup their throttles will, like me, owe a debt of thanks to Peter Dowson. He created the throttle solution that works for me and countless others. If this seems like a shameless plug for Pete and FSUIPC...rest assured that it is. Companies like Aerosoft (and others) create wonderful addons. Thank you. I do consider the registered version of FSUIPC to be indispensable in my flight sim setup.

Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas to work with. Until I got this sorted, the throttles were quite frustrating.

Graham

Hello Sebo. Not sure this will work for you, but I have no problems with my throttles. I use the registered version of FSUIPC. The following assumes you have a throttle with two thrust levers. I use a Saitek Pro Flight Throttle (not the best quality...but reasonable price).

If you have registered FSUIPC:

-create two files (AirbusX_Thr1.lua and AirbusX_Thr2.lua)

-edit the two files as follows:

AirbusX_Thr1 add the line ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_0", ipcPARAM*-2)

AirbusX_Thr2 add the line ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_1", ipcPARAM*-2)

-copy the files into your Modules folder, contained in the root of P3D

-open FSUIPC and go to the Axis tab

-move the throttle axis you wish to use for engine 1

-assign Lua AirbusX Thr1 to that axis. Set the radio button to Send to FS as normal axis. The entries will not show up if you choose the Send direct to FSUIPC calibration radio button

-move the other throttle axis for engine 2

-assign Lua AirbusX Thr2 to that axis. Set the radio button as above

-for reverse thrust, I use the detente at the bottom of the throttle axes in the Saitek throttle. It is seen as a button. But any button or keyboard press can be assigned

I am not sure this is applicable to your setup. Perhaps you use different hardware for your thrust levers. Perhaps you only dedicate 1 thrust lever. This has worked for me for Airbus X, Extended and now A318/A319. The thrust levers move in unison, are accurate and consistent.

Please note: anyone using the above method to setup their throttles will, like me, owe a debt of thanks to Peter Dowson. He created the throttle solution that works for me and countless others. If this seems like a shameless plug for Pete and FSUIPC...rest assured that it is. Companies like Aerosoft (and others) create wonderful addons. Thank you. I do consider the registered version of FSUIPC to be indispensable in my flight sim setup.

Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas to work with. Until I got this sorted, the throttles were quite frustrating.

Graham

Hi graham and thanks for your help

your description sounds very tough and i cant follow it cause iam not a pc pro...

actually i dont understand why it does not work like the A30/321. Isnt it the same parts of the development as in the AXE?? why doesnt it just work like them...

i am still not able to set up my throttles for the A318/A319 :(

so disapointing from aerosoft

Hi graham and thanks for your help

your description sounds very tough and i cant follow it cause iam not a pc pro...

actually i dont understand why it does not work like the A30/321. Isnt it the same parts of the development as in the AXE?? why doesnt it just work like them...

i am still not able to set up my throttles for the A318/A319 :(

so disapointing from aerosoft

Hi sebo,

Please accept my apologies for being so vague. A picture is worth a thousand words. You can still refer to my original reply for details:

1-all of this assumes you have a registered version of FSUIPC. If not, then you will have to consult better minds than mine. I should say though, that if you don't currently use the program, the price of FSUIPC is just about the best investment you'll make for your sim.

2-I have attached the two files that I mentioned earlier. You have to change their extension from txt to lua. Put them in your Modules folder. That folder is in the root folder of your simulator. Next time you start up your simulator, FSUIPC will recognize them.

3-fire up your simulator and load the Airbus

4-open FSUIPC and go to the axis tab

5-move the lever you intend to use for engine 1 and assign it as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5alvo1w44d8fos/thrust1.png?dl=0

6-rescan, move the lever you intend to use for engine 2 and assign it as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lddqn53dk0jeoix/thrust2.png?dl=0

7-click on the buttons tab and assign a button for the reverse thrust engine 1 as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7dflr22tzslfhs/thrust1_reverse.png?dl=0

8-assign a button for the reverse thrust engine 2 as follows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3d7get4td3f74j/thrust2_reverse.png?dl=0

If your throttle has 1 axis, you can assign items 5 and 6 to one axis. I am not sure how to assign two actions to one button, but you could try to use

THROTTLE_DECR (65602) to activate reverse and THROTTLE_CUT (65604) to return to forward idle. The setup would be the same as separate buttons

for each of two levers. If you are using a Saitek throttle, there are detentes at the bottom, which are in fact buttons.

Your axis and button letters and numbers will be different than mine, so don't worry about that. That should get you up and running with your throttles.

Hope this helps.

Note: Moderator...if sebo does not have FSUIPC, then this post has wasted a lot of time and space. My apologies. My only aim is to help a fellow simmer solve

an issue that, until solved, prevented me from enjoying your excellent aircraft.

Cheers,

Graham

AirbusX_Thr1.txt

AirbusX_Thr2.txt

Guest Driver8

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but in your original post you said the Configurator that came with the AXE 320/321 was set up correctly for 2 throttle axis. However, the A318/319 does not use the AXE 320/321 configurator, it has it's own instead. Make sure you are using the one in your aerosoft -> Airbus -> Airbus A318-A319 - FSX path in your Start menu, not the Airbus X Extended one. As far as I was lead to believe, there is not much, if anything, shared between the A318/319 and the Airbus X Extended 320/321.

Your symptoms are identical to what I did to myself yesterday when I accidentally clicked on 1 axis when messing around in the configurator and didn't realize it until I had already pushed back from the gate :)

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but in your original post you said the Configurator that came with the AXE 320/321 was set up correctly for 2 throttle axis. However, the A318/319 does not use the AXE 320/321 configurator, it has it's own instead. Make sure you are using the one in your aerosoft -> Airbus -> Airbus A318-A319 - FSX path in your Start menu, not the Airbus X Extended one. As far as I was lead to believe, there is not much, if anything, shared between the A318/319 and the Airbus X Extended 320/321.

Your symptoms are identical to what I did to myself yesterday when I accidentally clicked on 1 axis when messing around in the configurator and didn't realize it until I had already pushed back from the gate :)

what?! ok now this seems to be a thing..

THERE IS NO CONFIGURATOR IN THE FSX_AEROSOFT_AIRBUS A318_A319 FOLDER!

I wrote AXE for that reason in my first post... i assumed the a318/319 uses the same configurator caus I didnt find a separate one in the Airbus A318_A319 folder !

Uhm.... how could this be?

Btw i have the registred FSUIPC version and I am super thankfull for your help mr. GFD, thanks a lot! But it seems there is a other problem now :lightbulb_s:

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

The Day has finally come :)))

I just reinstalled the A318/319 addon and after that I finally did find the A318/319 configurator in the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 folder...

I setup everything, started my FSX, fixed the FSUIPCand now everything works! Yeeeahaa

Driver8 u f"ç*" made my day bro! thanks a lot for your sharp help, you brought me to the right path.

Ill have a good night hopping short haul... wish u guys the same!

best regards and thanks again to all of you who did take time for my problem.

sincerly from switzerland

sebo

Archived