reverse thrust sometimes not working

iRay

Hi all,

i'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, i mostly fly the 319CFM, so i read the problem in the IAE, but also in the CFM sometimes the reverse thrust doesn't work after landing, not even below 30% rpm... but it does when i press the F2 switch, I use the X-55 from Saitek, yes its calibrated, yes the switch works, the only problem is that inside FSX at the settings - control in the calibration window null zones remains at 1 in the simple controls section, i just cant seem to get it to 0, however in the advanced control section its all the way down to the beginning at the throttle axis... somebody have a clue?, i dont have a null zone set in the X-55 HUD... maybe someone has an idea or perhaps someone can tell me how to fix this, through FSUIPC?

Best Regards,

the HOTAS is completely calibrated, actually a couple of times because of this problem... i think i need to put the old cougar HOTAS back on... shame i really liked the X-55..

So i still hope someone has any idea to solve this..

BR

• Aerosoft

He's gonna say recalibrate but that won't fix it. Actually not in the IAE's.

I'm not going to say that.

A potentiometer as in a joystick has a wiper and circular path the wiper moves over. As the stick gets older this path get's worn down or dirt collects on it. That can cause 'spiking' where there are small areas where the resistance is not correct. These areas often are in the 'idle' location. The smallest vibration can cause the stick to send out incorrect values.

Of course almost always these are not a big problem, but when our software expects a steady idle command and it get fragmented non idle this can cause these issues. It's clearly identified, if it happens with one stick and not with another it's obvious. If the stick is new it should be fixed, if it is old it should be replaced.

Our Airbus is far more sensitive to this then other aircraft, not something we can change.

post-43-0-53431900-1413710680.png

That's clear Mathijs, but after doing a couple of flights with the Old airbus, it did work all the flights, so i'm still curious, the stick and throttle is new by the way (6 months).

Thanks for clearing some stuff out..

Is it possible to get this fixed with FSUIPC?

regards,

• Aerosoft

That's clear Mathijs, but after doing a couple of flights with the Old airbus, it did work all the flights, so i'm still curious, the stick and throttle is new by the way (6 months).

Thanks for clearing some stuff out..

Is it possible to get this fixed with FSUIPC?

regards,

I had this issue with a X55 right out of the box. But for sure you can try to let FSUIPC assist, I have seen good results with that.

post-43-0-64240600-1413802249_thumb.png

• Deputy Sheriffs

The best way to guarantee you "inmunize" the joystick against spikes is to define a "dead zone" around the Thrust Idle, so when you put the Gas in the far bottom, you assure the joystick is sending the "sample" for "zero" consistently.

Regards

Hi there,

The X-55 is indeed a fine HOTAS for FSX and the airbus, problem solved BTW with FSUIPC the only thing is i had to calibrate it into FSUIPC and set the switch for reverse thrust!

Great thanks Mathijs!

PS

The control spike elimination only counts for rudder, elavator and aileron, doesnt work for the throttle.

Best Regards

Archived