Catapulted off the airport

manu689908

Hi< while taxing at slow speeds in the BAW IAE A319 i all of a sudden shot out of the airport climbing to 1000ft in seconds and overspeeding, i have seen another post stateing the same problem, but that was locked and told to go and "look for the answer" in the search function, i have looked up and down , in and and out of the forums looking for a fix for the problem, but i must be blind. so if there is a post just a little gentle nudge in the right direction would be grateful. i applogise if i have missed it.

Thanks

• Aerosoft

That seems to indicate that FS decide you were no longer on the ground. That can happen with a serious mesh issue.

The FS flight model itself is not capable of doing something like that so I suspect interference from a scenery.

Thanks for reply, ill have a look and check a few things, i dont the issue with the A320 or PMDG 772-300 at the sceneries i had issues with (EGLL EGKK) , i noticed the issue since i put the hotfixes on v1, i did a reinstall of v1 and it didnt happen on the 4 flights i tested, like a fool i dont have v1 saved and overote it with v1.10. will do a few more tests.

Thanks

Thanks for reply, ill have a look and check a few things, i dont the issue with the A320 or PMDG 772-300 at the sceneries i had issues with (EGLL EGKK) , i noticed the issue since i put the hotfixes on v1, i did a reinstall of v1 and it didnt happen on the 4 flights i tested, like a fool i dont have v1 saved and overote it with v1.10. will do a few more tests.

Thanks

It could also have been a small water body like a pond or something similar: FSX makes an aircraft literally bounce from those surfaces.

Hello

On this issue (at least I think it's the same issue) I was taxiing at AS Mega EDDF using the German Wings A319 (IAE). The plane needed at 70% thrust to get moving and once it was the speed suddenly changed from around 7 or 8kts to about 50kts. Then, just as quickly it stopped dead again. This happened three times taxiing from gate B44 to 7L using N,G and A taxiways. Even getting onto the runway took about 75% thrust, as though the plane were moving through treacle. However the take off roll was really good.

Is this an issue with the airport and P3D?

Thanks

Andrew

Had that happen as well with the IAE 319. Think it was at AS EDDL. I suppose it is an issue with the IAE models. Never seems to happen with the CFM types.

I am having a similar issue as well. Whilst taxing at EGLL in the BA A319 IAE the aircraft will suddenly go from 10 kts to 60 kts in a split second without any change to the throttles. On the long taxi run from T5 to Rwy 27L/R this can happen several times. My EGLL scenery is Mega Airport London Heathrow Xtended.

Any help with this this wound be much appreciated.

Mick.

I am having a similar issue as well. Whilst taxing at EGLL in the BA A319 IAE the aircraft will suddenly go from 10 kts to 60 kts in a split second without any change to the throttles. On the long taxi run from T5 to Rwy 27L/R this can happen several times. My EGLL scenery is Mega Airport London Heathrow Xtended.

Any help with this this wound be much appreciated.

Mick.

I'm also experiencing this problem - same scenario. But has happened at other airports too.

Josh

Mathijs

I just tried a flight using the Spirit Wings A319 (IAE) at FSDT Fort Lauderdale. At various points along the taxi route I had to go up to TOGA to get the plane moving but then, after a gradual acceleration to about 5kts, it rapidly accelerated to over 30kts so I throttled back to 40-45% and could maintain between 16 and 22kts. I noticed that the taxi was very jerky though, as though the brakes were being engaged and disengaged very rapidly with the GS changing rapidly (something that doesn't occur on CFM A319s). Something I did note which may be relevant is that when I pushed the throttles up very high to get moving if I turned the tiller (I have this set up on my joystick) the plane suddenly accelerated normally.

I hope this is helpful

Andrew

Hi gents,

Two questions for those that have this issue:

1) Does it happen every flight, at any airport? Or, just at specific airports? Or, at random times?

2) Have you guys tried disabling the 'tiller' feature and using rudder alone on the ground to taxi?

• Aerosoft

Although we have not been able to recreate the issue (not even after taxiing around for 3 full hours on different airports), we do have imagined a scenario where it could happen.

If FPS is already low and there is an event that lowers it momentarily the simconnect pipeline can be disrupted. When it catches up this can move the aircraft rather suddenly. There is little that can be done about this from our side as we need to write the simparameters on a frame by frame base. That's why we always said that 15 to 17 fps are minimal.

Testing if this is indeed the cause it of course simple. Try to recreate the event with very low scenery settings or on a default airport.

Has happened to me at EGKK (UK2000) and yesterday at MMUN (Taxi2Gate). It has only ever happened with the IAE variant A319. CFM is always smooth during my taxi out.

Frames are in within 20-25 fps.

Mathijs,

looks like the acra24 problem is the same problem I wrote about on another topic as a "invisible parking brake", but while I was double pressing parking brake to make the IAE Airbus free to resume taxing, he is forcing this "invisible parking brake" to get out applying very much thrust

take a look

Marcelo Monteiro

After doing a few flights with no error the last couple the issue is back, no other scenery used other than UK2000 EGKK & EGJJ, taxing ok at Gatwick and landed ok (done better) while taxing to the gate at aprox 10kts it then shot off into the sea in seconds, im not up on making recordings but ill try and record my next test flight.

Graham

• Aerosoft

After doing a few flights with no error the last couple the issue is back, no other scenery used other than UK2000 EGKK & EGJJ, taxing ok at Gatwick and landed ok (done better) while taxing to the gate at aprox 10kts it then shot off into the sea in seconds, im not up on making recordings but ill try and record my next test flight.

Graham

And you are 100% sure on 1.12b?

• 3 weeks later...

Someone else has reported the same problem as the one i have described and they have attached a clip, the difference is i dont have Accu feel installed. see tareqz post "Jumping during taxi".

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived