• Aerosoft

You might have noticed that in V1.10 we have included full support for Steep Approach. It's not explained in Vol.6 of the manuals and even the checklists and co-pilot things all function.

To get that done we had to write out the whole procedure. Of course our resident advisors (aka the real bus drivers) assisted and they started to look for existing documents. Without success as there simply does not seem to be much around. So we made our own (again with help from people who flown these approaches). And with success I think because I just had this PM (I quote it with permission): ...."I wish BA would copy this and put it in their manuals because when I first flew into London City I only had handwritten notes I made in the weather station after talking to a guy who done a few."

-------------

Another nice comment from a real pilot. "It's pretty amazing you got a weather radar working in FSX because I have been in many level D simulators over my whole career and NEVER had one that modeled the weather radar. All pilots I know learned to use it while using it. Not ideal. Being able to scan a thunderstorm from top to bottom using tilt really gives the 3D impression that helps us stay clear of them. The fact is also shows ground is something many of your customers might not appreciate enough. But believe me, when you are over water and being able to detect a coastline means a lot. Being able to see the Thames estuary when you fly into London gives you a 'gods eye view' that the ND otherwise would never be able to. That's why I enjoyed your little question about identifying the LOWI airport from just the ground returns. "

Some days my job is the best in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived