---> Change Weather scanning options (solved)

• Aerosoft

If you got FPS problems and think they are related to the scanning of weather you have two new options. We did not add these to the user interface because so far we have identified less than 50 customers with this problem.

From the manual: "On a few systems the Weather Radar has shown to cause severe drop in frame rates combined with some advanced settings in weather tools. It is now possible to edit some functions via the AB_ND_GDI.ini (to be found in MyDocuments\Aerosoft\Airbus. The options are explained in the comments in that file."

To activate the options remove the red // character

[proto]
protoLevel=L
//Remark: proto level: "L" = low, "M" = medium, "H" = high, default = "L"
[ND]
maxAmountDisplayedAirports=100
maxAmountDisplayedNDBs=100
maxAmountDisplayedVORDMEs=100
maxAmountDisplayedWaypoints=100
//Remark: limitation of simultanious displayed symbols due to performance
useFPLSegments=1
[Print]
useDefaultPrinter=1
//Remark: If set to "1" the default printer is automatically selected, if set to
//"0" the printer selection Dialog is opened each time before printing
[WXRadar]
//WXBackgroundScan=2
//Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.
// Due to performance reasons on some customersystems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF (best frame rates), 1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it)
//WXBackgroundScanProto=1
//Remark: In order to support further info for development the user can switch on some extra proto function here (also allowed to be changed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for this option, WXBackgroundScan=1 works fine for me.

Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.

Maybe you could give a list of functions/features which are not working with WXBackgroundScan=0 or WXBackgroundScan=1?

• Aerosoft

Thanks for this option, WXBackgroundScan=1 works fine for me.

Maybe you could give a list of functions/features which are not working with WXBackgroundScan=0 or WXBackgroundScan=1?

At 0 there is no scanning, at 1 there is limited scanning (less often and less detailed), at 2 it is going at it at full blast.

I´m asking because I`m only removed the two slashes and my fps are back to normal rates. I´m not at my system right now so I dont know what are the default settings.

Works perfectly for me as I am one of those 50 customers with fps hit.

However, when WX switched on I still have 10-15 fps between LOWI and RTT and stocked thunderstorm weather :( (P3D2.4, i7 2600K@4.2, GTX780, Win7x64)

EDIT:

Would it be possible to make WXradar (when switched on) workin only with backgroundscan 1? I'm asking because backgroudnscan=1 with WX off works a lot better than scan=2.

Hi Guys - I removed the red character yet I still have the weather showing up and is affecting my fps what have I done wrong below shows what I have set it to which is not working any help would be great - I dont want any weather running at all - and that wxr patch worked great but I deleted it and would assume that does not work with this new sp1 anyway - as that file was not placed in the documents folder structure so something is different this time around

Also I did a brand new install of P3D V2.4 and just the 318/319 to prove wxr is an issue for me

[WXRadar]
WXBackgroundScan=0
//Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.
// Due to performance reasons on some customersystems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF (best frame rates), 1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it)

After a longer period of testing there seems no way for me using ASN and this wxr. It was good when it is not activated but as soon I´m activating the fps decrease dramatically. Tried all possibilities the new ini offers but no succes. Last try will be to downgrade the nvidia driver which was a tip in another thread. It is a pity to fly without the wxr but no show stopper I think ...

After a longer period of testing there seems no way for me using ASN and this wxr. It was good when it is not activated but as soon I´m activating the fps decrease dramatically.

I can confirm :/ With wx on it's unflyable with ASN.

I can confirm :/ With wx on it's unflyable with ASN.

Hi,

Same for me with last version 1.10 airbus 318/319 and ASN SP1, weather on or off is unflyable. It was working correctly until about 11000 feet and suddenly fps drops and fps never return like before...I stop and save the flight and made some test....

I try with WXBackgroundScan=0 but it was the same so I change the AB_ND_GDI.dll with the test version and great it's working like before.

Maybe I didn't change correctly "WXBackgroundScan=0" try many times wx on and off without success.

Christian

...weather on or off is unflyable. ...

Well, I cannot confirm this. When i set ini to backgroundscan=0 there is a significant difference when wx is on or off. However, even with wx off, It seems to me that fps are worse than with old A320 Extended.

I will test it more with clear sky completly.

• Aerosoft

Well, I cannot confirm this. When i set ini to backgroundscan=0 there is a significant difference when wx is on or off. However, even with wx off, It seems to me that fps are worse than with old A320 Extended.

If you check on this forum many people confirm the opposite. But it would not surprise me to see it happening on some systems. As we change code it will always become harder on some systems and easier on others.

If you check on this forum many people confirm the opposite. But it would not surprise me to see it happening on some systems. As we change code it will always become harder on some systems and easier on others.

I have one question: if backgroundscan=0 and wx is set to off, is there any other hidden process connected with wx or the airbus works just like without wx feature, like A320Ext.?

[WXRadar]

//WXBackgroundScan=2
So if I use "0" what WX data will I be missing? What data is normally required to be scanned in the background when the WX radar is switch off? Does this have any effect when I turn the weather radar on and off during a flight?

Mathijs, I believe the radar is still functioning with WXBackgroundScan=0. I think this option only switches off the preprocessing of data when the equipment is not used. The result is it then needs some extra time to initialize after switched on in the cockpit. On my system it takes less than 20 seconds, no problem. After that period, it works exactly the same way as with the default setting. The advantage of the "tweak" is that when the radar is not used, its performance impact is zero. Anyhow, it's a marvelous piece of technology.

Roman

Mathijs, I believe the radar is still functioning with WXBackgroundScan=0.

I am gettin the same impression watching FPS. Scan=0 with wx OFF gives me more FPS than with wx ON, however when I set clear sky I have even more FPS. Of corse I realise clouds in P3D and FSX always drains frames, but with my GTX780 only really hard weather drains my system. Not few clouds like stocked "fair weather". And I'm not sure if airbus has performance impact even with few clouds, scan=0 and wx off. That is why I asked about any other hidden process with wx off.

Correct 0 on WXR line only its still working - I had to make both of these 0's to get it to work correctly - the fix AB_ND_GDI file did nothing also so put back the latest version - just change the lines below with 0's and that should work for you

[WXRadar]
//WXBackgroundScan=0
//WXBackgroundScanProto=0
//Remark: In order to support further info for development the user can switch on some extra proto function here (also allowed to be changed

Correct 0 on WXR line only its still working - I had to make both of these 0's to get it to work correctly - the fix AB_ND_GDI file did nothing also so put back the latest version - just change the lines below with 0's and that should work for you

[WXRadar]
//WXBackgroundScan=0
//WXBackgroundScanProto=0

I think you meant this...? Because with those // in front of the lines, changing the numbers won't help. ;)

[WXRadar]
WXBackgroundScan=0
WXBackgroundScanProto=0
I also concluded that enabling WXBackgroundScan=0 only has an effect until you turn on the weather radar: the radar itself still works and is not disabled: it's only the background scanning that happens with the radar set to off that has been disabled. I accidentally turned on the radar yesterday during a flight and it worked just like before! The information in the ini also tells this: "As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect!"

Archived