FSX EGLL London Heathrow Extended slow loading (ground) textures

Er!k

Hi all,

Just purchased London Heathrow Extended and the airport is really looking good! However, when you look around the airport you will see that it takes some time to load textures when looking into another direction. I have never experienced such issues before. I know it is a highly detailed airport, but can there still be some optimization be done (extra LOD's for example)?

My system:

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.44 Ghz

16 GB RAM

Geforce GTX 780TI 3 GB

Windows 8.1 x64

FSX SP2

No additional add-ons like ORBX

No, no additional scenery around London. Even with every scenery disabled except EGLL the same issue...

Hm, you have quite a good rig going on, do you have many tweaks in your FSX.cfg? Ones like BP=0, etc?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

BP=0 is the buffer pools tweak. If you haven't applied it, you're almost certainly better off not doing so. It seems to help only in rare situations. There's not a good rule I've ever seen for using it, so the best advice is to avoid it.

It's a P3D and FSX setting that controls texture loading speed. I found the default is very low. Add this to your Prepar3d.cfg or FSX.cfg as appropiate in the [DISPLAY] section:

[Display]
TEXTUREMAXLOAD=27
More info here:
Worked well for me.

Archived