So I heard the cockpit sound is too high... Not anymore!

WillSegatto

So basically I love my Airbus but I hate the avionics and those loud cabin sounds when I turn on the batteries.

Well, I discovered I could lower the volume via the right FMCU, but that wasn't close to what I wanted. I wanted to hear the engines, not only ambient sound.

So I edited my sound files and I'm sharing them with you.

Backup first, then unpack the attached files to this folder:

<FSX Inst. Folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC

Then (if not done so), lower the cockpit volume in the right FMCU and it will be much lower than before.

PS: I found a bug that even with cockpit volume low, the system would use the high volume version of the cooling turning off. To see if you have this bug, switch to low volume of the cockpit. Now, turn on ext. power or APU so that cooling is on. Then switch the Engine switch to "Ignition/Start" and see if you hear a strange sound. If yes, then delete file "ASC_CoolingOff.wav", and rename "ASC_CoolingOff.wav.bugonly" to "ASC_CoolingOff.wav".

Just wanted to share, more may be interested in the same.

Best regards from Brazil,

Will

Will's Sound Pack.zip

Archived