PFPX FSX IFR issue

I am not sure where to get the previous version any longer...I hope someone from PFPX responsibly answer this concern because I basically spend my money in a peace of junk and I honestly don't like it

Ok, I think I've isolated the issue by comparing pre-1.16 .pln files with post-ones.

First waypoint is your departure airport. In the old .pln files it looked like this:

<ATCWaypoint id="VECC">
<ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
<WorldPosition>N22° 39' 13.99",E088° 26' 48.01",+000023.00</WorldPosition>
<ICAO>
<ICAOIdent>VECC</ICAOIdent>
</ICAO>
</ATCWaypoint>
In the new ones like this:
<ATCWaypoint id="VECC">
<ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
<WorldPosition>N22° 39' 13.99",E088° 26' 48.01",+000023.00</WorldPosition>
<ICAO>
<ICAORegion>VE</ICAORegion>
<ICAOIdent>VECC</ICAOIdent>
</ICAO>
</ATCWaypoint>

I've highlighted the difference. Removing that ICAORegion line brought back the option to request IFR clearance on the ground.

James

Hi James

Thank you for your inverstigation. Indeed, I tried to erase that <ICAORegion..............> to erase and YESS....it works again, i can request IFR clearance.

So, no that we know what it is, i hope that the Aerosoft-Team will release very quick a FIX for this problem, then, its a bit fuzzy to correct each time we make a new flightplan with PFPX, this .pln file manually before flying.....

Thank you James and thanks to the Aerosoft team in advance

Alex, LSZH

Is there any solution to this yet? I can see the extra ICAORegion fields in the FSX flightplan. Is there a configuration option to remove them?

I'm back at 1.15 until there is a solution.

Regards,

Sandy.

Clearly this is a problem affecting many people with both FSX and P3D. Please can the developers comment on a solution. I don't mind if it's because I can't drive PFPX or a bug, but it would be nice to know.

Regards

Sandy

Solution is very easy:

Edit your FSX flight plan and delete following:

Delete the ICAO Region line at the Departure Airport (first ATC waypoint) and at the Arrival Airport (Last ATC Waypoint).

Delete following:

<ICAORegion>VE</ICAORegion>

That's a workaround, but it's not a solution. If there is a way to stop PFPX inserting these lines for no reason or have an option to disable them for FSX if there is a reason, that would be good.

I opened a support ticket with Aerosoft, but was informed that I need to go direct to Flightsimsoft which I've now done. I recommend that anyone having a problem raises a ticket with support@flightsimsoft.com. It will give the developers an indication of how widespread the problem is.

I opened a support ticket with Aerosoft, but was informed that I need to go direct to Flightsimsoft which I've now done. I recommend that anyone having a problem raises a ticket with support@flightsimsoft.com. It will give the developers an indication of how widespread the problem is.

Doing it now.

Thanks

Anyone else find that the ICAO departure/destination isn't always filling in the information for the first waypoint? I was making a flight form DEN to SFO. The first waypoint had all the fields listed, but all were blank, when I selected 17R for departure (which was appropriate per winds). However, if I changed to 8 for departure, all the fields filled in correctly for DEN.

Archived