IVAO- and VATSIM-Clients FSUIPC-offset

MagicPhantom

• Aerosoft

Hi

I don't understand why this has to be always asked, par thousands off people we are flying online, so it has to be done by default, am I correct!?

How do you want to define a FSUIPC offset by default?

I'll see if I can get the variable so if people want to create the offset they can do so.

That would be awesome!

I have always wondered if you could somehow program a switch in the VC, to control say vPilot through FSUIPC. If there is a way using FSUIPC, I am lost.

What a cool idea. Would love to see this also.

How do you want to define a FSUIPC offset by default?

I'll see if I can get the variable so if people want to create the offset they can do so.

Hello Mathijs,

please excuse me, but I think I mixed up technological terms a bit in my first post. :-( Anyway, it should have become clear what I meant.

I'll try to describe it again:

In IvAp-Configurator there is a menu item "3rd Party Tools". If you click on it you have the possibility to check or uncheck "Enable IvAp <-> FSUIPC SDK" [if this option is activated, external programs can interact with IvAp by using FSUIPC.]

So my question is asked about: if you switch on TA/RA in the Sim for setting the Squawk to Mode C, the switch in IvAp should also switch automatically from STDBY to TX or in vPilot the Connect-Button should be activated.

Hope, this is more correct and understandable. ;o)

That would be wonderful! Or even better an automatic way once airborne. I think the Fokker and the Maddog had this feature included. That was just awesome and furthermore highly realistic. ;-)

There is no such feature in the real world A320 that would set the transponder ON once airbourne.

If you want such a feature you can of course simply use vPilot as client. It got this option.

I´m not saying that it should turn on automatically once airborne but once airborne it should start send a signal (in the virtual world at IVAO VATSIM equal to SQ Charlie/Sierra mode). But that seems off the mark I guess.

I´ll rest my case. Is it that tough to catch my thought?

In order to be seen you have to turn on the transponder, and this would be simulated. But apparently it´s not possible because the Airbus does not like FSUIPC or should I rather say AS does not like FSUIPC...

It is possible. I think that Mathijs wont forget us. Unless I am reading this totally wrong, you want what is in the PMDG 777. When you select the transponder mode, it somehow works with FSUIPC (If Installed) and will actually change you from OFF/SA/TARA in the pilot client correct?

I think it is as simple as just getting the offset that they use when switching that knob, and then mapping it to the pilot client. That really would be awesome, as I am the one guy who will switch it in the plane every time, and forget to touch the client program on takeoff!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived