Autosaved Files

Keith H

Hi

I am happily using the new A318/319 with similar frame rates to the A320x. However, I have noticed a number of AutoSaved files in the C:\Users\My Name\\MyDocuments\Aerosoft\ Airbus\ folder typically called: autosave Wed170616.fms.

They only seem to be from my A318/319 flights, not the A320x flights, so my question is what are they as they are steadily using disk space and can, should I delete them?

Yes, I do have autosave enabled in FSUIPC, but I don't appear to have any files like these saved when I fly with the Airbus A320x.

I have checked my PC for any other occurrences and they are only in the Aerosoft\Airbus folder, so they appear to be created by the A318/319 and at one every minute of flight, at 12KB a file, they will soon gobble up my disk space. It will be a pain to delete these after every flight and I don't really want to disable the FSUIPC autosave feature, so is there any other solution?

Thanks for your help.

Keith H

Yes, I do have autosave enabled in FSUIPC, but I don't appear to have any files like these saved when I fly with the Airbus A320x.

(...)

You are correct, this "PMDG-style" panel state saving is new in the A318/319, and was not yet implemented in the former A320/321. Which brings up another question: In case you own a PMDG aircraft, how do you use the autosave feature there?

I do not see any alternative to either switching FSUIPC autosave off when flying the A318/319, or deleting those files afterwards. And, AFAIK the autosave cycle can be reconfigured from 1 min to something like 5 or even 10 min. For deleting, simply sort the files in that folder by type, and delete them all at once by marking the *.fms files as a block and hitting 'delete'.

BTW, a 12 KB file every minute implies it will take you more than 130 hours of flying until reaching the 100 MB mark - not really too much to worry about, IMHO.

Mathijs, logging is not activated in the Configurator. All the tick boxes are clear.

Cpt, I don't fly PMDG, so no problem on that one. I get what you say about the disk use, just a pain to have to delete it occasionally, could this not be done automatically after a few flights?

I will increase the FSUIPC autosave time as you suggest or maybe just fly the A318/319 with FSUIPC autosave off.

The A320/321x and the A318/319 are great aircraft, I love flying all of them and well done to all who have been and are still involved with the development.

Thanks for the help.

Keith H

• 3 weeks later...

If autosave is on (a feature of the registered version of FSUIPC) you will need lines similar to this example from Pete (This example is for the PMDG747)

I am not exactly what the paths should be, but it should be something like this for .asc

For any aircraft that saves file to the FSX Files directory you need to add lines such as these: Majestic Dash-8, 737, 777...

Adding these lines will let FSUIPC also manage these files and "delete older autosaves"

In the FSUIPC.ini "Autosave" section add lines such as

[AutoSave]
AlsoManage1=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.FLT.sav
AlsoManage2=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.0.rte
AlsoManage3=PMDG\747400\PanelState\*.1.rte
If someone knows what exactly the lines should be, feel free to share here but this should solve the problem.
The PMDG aircraft work nicely with Pete's autosave feature, if FSX crashes you can load yourself back to exactly where the autosave was made (according to your settings), FMC, aircraft state, location, weather... everything is just as it was before FSX closed. I would very much appreciate it, if future versions of Aerosoft Airbus would also work like this.

The last time I loaded an AutoSave file, the ones created from Pete's AutoSave, I don't remember the FMGS state would load.

I am not sure if this works with the Airbus.

How de we load the saved FMC states? or is it automatic that it loads the last FMC save when you load the bus?

By using the right MCDU you can manually load states. The ideal use with AutoSave however is, when loading an FSX saved flight, that everything would load in the correct state and you would not have to manually select to load the FMGS state.

(...)

By using the right MCDU you can manually load states. (...)

That was required in the "Extended" A320/321 in order to reload a saved Airbus flight.

According to the way the A318/319 handles its files, this is not necessary anymore. Currently the save function in the right MCDU is only needed to create panel states for different aircraft states on start-up.

Unfortunately this progress is somehow obscured by the fact that currently the reloading of an A318/319 flight is ... bugged. To be fair it has to be mentioned that flight reloading is not part of Aerosoft's feature list (only the possibility to create one's own panel states has been advertised). So in the end this feature here will be Aerosoft's/the developers' call ...

Thank you Olli, interesting, hopefully this can be added, I like how smoothly Autosave works and I am hoping for this to work right with the Airbus... with those out of memory issues from time to time, this would help a lot!!!

I started a thread here, trying to find out how to properly add configure AutoSave with the Airbus. Even if the Airbus does not yet work with the autosave files, or states... one should still setup FSUIPC's autosave, otherwise you will have lot's of .asc files building up and filling up your folder.

Pete is helping me, hope this helps someone too! :)

Thanks,

Joe

Apart from the autosave.asc files I found many .fms in: \Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus so this is another folder to keep in the list above.

So the settings that worked for me are below:

You will need to change the sequence number if this is not the correct numbering for you and if you have FSX in a different language, this will be a different path:

AlsoManage9=C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\*.asc
AlsoManage10=C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\*.fms
After adding these lines, you will have some .asc and some .fms, according to your own AutoSave settings and it will not go over the max amount of files as configured, so this will prevent the folders from filling up endlessly with autosave files. If in the future Aerosoft Airbus uses a different file format you will need to add and maybe delete some file types.
Let me know if anyone needs any help, I got it working with Pete :)

They only seem to be from my A318/319 flights, not the A320x flights, so my question is what are they as they are steadily using disk space and can, should I delete them?

I hope this answers your questions Keith but let me know if you need more information. The autosave files are also safe to be deleted manually, however you will want to automatically manage those with FSUIPC, as described above.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived