Scenery Black Squares FSX

Capt. Ralph

Anyone have any ideas how to fix black squares in scenery? Old scenery? Not compatable with FSX? Missiing texture files? Third party scenery, Hawaiian Airports Part 1, Molokai. Running Windows 7 & FSX. Thanks, Ralph...

post-113835-0-47201400-1412184310_thumb.

Do you run FSX in DX10 Preview mode? If so, that's most likely the cause for your issue, as some texture files may not be compatible wiht DX10. Other than that, it could be that the texture files have gone missing or become corrupted somehow. In that case I'd suggest you try repairing the installation using the "Repair" function of the installer, or do a complete reinstall of the scenery, if this is a problem limited to Molokai.

Do you run FSX in DX10 Preview mode? If so, that's most likely the cause for your issue, as some texture files may not be compatible wiht DX10. Other than that, it could be that the texture files have gone missing or become corrupted somehow. In that case I'd suggest you try repairing the installation using the "Repair" function of the installer, or do a complete reinstall of the scenery, if this is a problem limited to Molokai.

First off, thanks for your reply... I've been flying with MSFS for 30 years I guess since the first. There are also black umbrellas with Aerosoft VFR Berlin 2006 at Saarmund. I thought it might be because of old scenery with FSX. I understand some sceneries are not compatable due to FS9's layout being flat and FSX being round. However, I am running DX11. Maybe it's just something I have to live with. Again, thanks for your reply... Ralph

You may have DX11 running on your computer, but FSX is an application that does only support DX9, and DX10 in a (broken) preview version. Hence my above question. The DX10 preview has some issues, e.g. with light poles that look a lot like what your pictures show, but to be sure, we'd need to know if that might be the cause.

• Deputy Sheriffs

First off, thanks for your reply... I've been flying with MSFS for 30 years I guess since the first. There are also black umbrellas with Aerosoft VFR Berlin 2006 at Saarmund. I thought it might be because of old scenery with FSX. I understand some sceneries are not compatable due to FS9's layout being flat and FSX being round. However, I am running DX11. Maybe it's just something I have to live with. Again, thanks for your reply... Ralph

1. Make sure that DX10 is unchecked in FSX

2. Are you sure that the sceneries you are using are FSX compatible?

1. Make sure that DX10 is unchecked in FSX

2. Are you sure that the sceneries you are using are FSX compatible?

Well, according to the info concerning Hawaiian Airports Part 1, it should be compatable with FSX. But I'm not sure. And as far as Aerosoft VFR Berlin 2006, I'm not sure either. And one more question please... Where is the checkbox ro disable DX10 in FSX? I've searched everything, and there is no DX10 located anywhere. In the running program, or in the FSX Directory. Thanks again for your time.... Ralph

• Deputy Sheriffs

VFR Berlin is FS 2004 only. For problems with the Hawaiian Airports please contact the developer as it is not an Aerosoft product.

The DX10 setting can be found in FSX under "Settings/Graphic". Make sure it is unchecked.

VFR Berlin is FS 2004 only. For problems with the Hawaiian Airports please contact the developer as it is not an Aerosoft product.

The DX10 setting can be found in FSX under "Settings/Graphic". Make sure it is unchecked.

Thanks for all your help! You learn something every day.... Too bad Aerosoft never updated VFR Berlin 2006. It's the only true to life graphics I've seen...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well there are a few sceneries covering this area:

- VFR Germany East a photoreal texture covering estern Germany: http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10167&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=german

- German Airfields at least covering part of eastern Germany

- Mega Airport Berlin-Brandenburg http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12937&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=german

- German Airports 3 Berlin-Tegel

and others

Archived