A318/A319 External Lights too Strong

Stephen,

As a result of of previous complaints, the new A318/A319 development included an update to most (if not all) of the lighting system code. Previously, the lighting system didn't illuminate well enough and a lot of areas showed up too dark (this was the case for me at when flying at night). Unfortunately it appears from my reading into this issue that the intensity of the lighting system is based in some ways on the airport (I don't know about landing at a random point of land or water) where the airplane is taxiing.

From what I understand, the process of allowing customizing light intensities is hampered by the way FSX handles such things. I'm not sure about P3D though.

Hopefully a developer or support team member can clarify further.

Best,

There is clearly something working not correctly in this example. I will myself first check now how the issue displays on my computer here...

EDIT: I just checked here. The issue is that at FARO the light is building up to late in the evening and also fades away to late in the morning. I guess you did your shots so in the morning hours.

I did went to many other airports and there it worked correctly. It seems there are special cases within FSX were the timing is different regarding sun location. But we check out if we can find

also a solution for this. Pretty weird however, as we tested around the globe before release to find a good timing balance.

Hi Stephan and Mathijs,

I can confirm your analysis about dawn and sunset shots, and I can also say that other airplanes from other developers do not have this problem. So the resolution can be achieved. (?)

My answer to Mathijs: No. I do not use any tweaks to the colors. I just use the last Nvidia drivers.

Thanks to all,

Cheers,

Carlos

• Aerosoft

I can confirm your analysis about dawn and sunset shots, and I can also say that other airplanes from other developers do not have this problem. So the resolution can be achieved. (?)

Sure, but that could mean the lighting system needs to be simplified for all other locations on the world and times of day.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to illustrate how trickie is this matter

My aerosofr A320 Extended TAXI lights arte too weak for my taste (in the places where I flight)

Regards

Archived