Prepar3d runs bad...

TheAirbusFreak320

Hello!

Maybe someone can help me but I think this is hopeless. I bought prepar3d some days ago and did a flight with the airbus x extended 320/321.

It was a flight with default scenery from LFPG to LSGG.

My fsx runs perfectly smooth and good but prepar3d jumps the hole time from 40 to 5 fps. It also gives me OOM's when I am trying to land.
My settings are not to high.

My specs are:

- Intel core i5-4200m @2.50GHz

- Windows 8 64-bit

- 8GB of ram

- Nvidia GTX 760m

Also for one reason or another my graphics card is not listed in prepar3d and i can only see the integrated graphic intel 4600 HD

Hope someone can help me, give me advise...

It's a mobile GPU so what did you expect? Your CPU is awfully slow as well. I'd suggest switching to a desktop to be perfectly honest.

Hell, my CPU is a i7-3930k which is overclocked to 4.8Ghz and a GTX 780Ti and I still average 15-25 FPS in FSX and P3D in certain areas.

Hello everyone

I contacted the guys at Prepar3d and they said I should force prepar3d to use the nvidia gpu.

The only thing is... I don't know how. They also told me to set the am to 5 and to disable hypertreading.

The only problem is, how can I do these things, I have no idea of it...

Thanks for your help in advance

1. Hyperthreading is disabled in the BIOS. There's a certain key to be pressed just after booting the PC (in my case F2, but this may differ, on my Lenovo Notebook there is a Special Thinkvantage key for that purpose). Then check through the options and set hyperthreading to disabled. Don't expect wonders but I get a few more fps when HT is off, too.

2. Selection of graphics adapter is done in the BIOS, too. Usually, there's an entry for, e.g., enabling/disabling the internal adapter. Disable the internal adapter. (Needless to say the external adapter must be properly installed.) After rebooting make sure under Control Panel|Device Manager the GTX 760m is listed. Afterwards, either Windows update should install the proper NVIDIA Drivers or you install it manually from http://www.nvidia.com/. I'd suggest choosing autodetect graphics adapter. After installing the driver, check the Nvidia Control Panel (r.h.s. mouse button on the desktop) if all went okay and it is identified. Now you should be able to select the Nvidia Adapter in Prepart3d.

I would not expect wonders here, too, but an internal Intel Graphics Adapter is certainly not fit for running Prepar3d well.

BTW, FSX should benefit from both changes, too.

Kind regards, Michael

1. Hyperthreading is disabled in the BIOS. There's a certain key to be pressed just after booting the PC (in my case F2, but this may differ, on my Lenovo Notebook there is a Special Thinkvantage key for that purpose). Then check through the options and set hyperthreading to disabled. Don't expect wonders but I get a few more fps when HT is off, too.

2. Selection of graphics adapter is done in the BIOS, too. Usually, there's an entry for, e.g., enabling/disabling the internal adapter. Disable the internal adapter. (Needless to say the external adapter must be properly installed.) After rebooting make sure under Control Panel|Device Manager the GTX 760m is listed. Afterwards, either Windows update should install the proper NVIDIA Drivers or you install it manually from http://www.nvidia.com/. I'd suggest choosing autodetect graphics adapter. After installing the driver, check the Nvidia Control Panel (r.h.s. mouse button on the desktop) if all went okay and it is identified. Now you should be able to select the Nvidia Adapter in Prepart3d.

I would not expect wonders here, too, but an internal Intel Graphics Adapter is certainly not fit for running Prepar3d well.

BTW, FSX should benefit from both changes, too.

Kind regards, Michael

Thank you for the explanation

Archived