Jetway config EDDB: to high, different at other airports

SVM79

Hi all,

After enabling AES at EDDB I noticed that the jetway is too high when connecting to the aircraft. I tried different gates at EDDB, all have the same issue. I use the PMDG NGX btw. Off course I could adjust the parameters in AESconfig. I did this, resolving the issue at EDDB. However, at other airports the jetway now is too low (e.g. at EHAM, LFMN). In the past I could already see some differences between airports, but it wasn't that bad and quit acceptable.

Note that to make the jetway fit at EDDB I have to set the door parameters (green box) far below where you see the actual aircraft door. This gives me the feeling it has something to do with AES at EDDB.

Is there a way to make one config work at all airports, so the jetways align everywhere equally to the aircraft? Should there be something solved at EDDB? Or am I doing something wrong?

The picture added is before making adjustments, right after enabling AES at EDDB. Here the 'green box' aligns with the door and the jetways at other airports connect properly (kind a). Just to give you an idea of the gap..

Help is appreciated!

Gr,

Sebastiaan

post-116224-0-17399800-1411814184_thumb.

Hi Otto,

I tried gates B3, B4, B7, B9, B10, C4 and C8. All have the same issue. I tried them all by spawning there, gates B9, B10 also with parking after flying. Makes no difference. Your question however triggered me to try the heavy gates. I tried B702. The same issue, it aligns the same way. Also I tried different gates at LFMN: A42 (heavy), A40 (medium) and A46 (small). Alignment is the same (and proper) at every gate there.

But, when I tried gates 54 and 55 at SXF (both heavy), I noticed that alignment is proper. So the issue seems to be isolated to BER in the EDDB scenery.

The 'runway sound' doesn't work on either runways however.

Just to be complete: I have selected BER active.

Gr.,

Sebastiaan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can't see anything wrong here:

post-12207-0-39567000-1412162404_thumb.j

post-12207-0-27052900-1412162407_thumb.j

Are you sure, that when you configured the aircraft in AES, that you were running both, AES and FSX, as Administrator?

Otto,

Tnx for your time so far already. It seems to be working ok at your end. Does is also look the same at other airports? And do you have the rumbling sound when on the runway at EDDB?

At other airports I normally just had to enable AES and it worked. Alignment was (as good as) the same and ok comparing different airports. At EDDB however I needed to adjust and there is no sound at the runway. Other airports still work as they should (but with too low jetways). I repeat this because, before I needed to run anything as an administrator, it already didn't work. While opening AEShelp I didn't run it as administrator, but I think it worked anyway, because the door/jetway is lower (at every airport). Also the intelliscene.cfg is created with corresponding data. To give you an idea how low the door is, these are the parameters to make it align at EDDB (and too low at other places) : Nosegear=12.5 Door1=-1.7, 11.35, 2.25, 11

Nevertheless I will reset the config to it's default parameters and try again, running as an administrator. Also I will try some different settings in the Airport Manager to maybe make something work.

I'll let you know. If you have any other ideas already, I'm all ears :-)

Gr.,

Sebastiaan

Hi Otto,

Unfortunately no succes. I've reset the parameters in AESconfig to its default (I never changed anything there before EDDB, so I returned the values to as I found them: -1.65, 11.65, 2.75, 8). Now at every airport other then EDDB the jetway is aligning good off course. EDDB is too high again. Again I noticed that in BER the jetway is everywhere too high, in SXF they are good. I'll attach two pictures so you can see the differences between the two, at exactly the same settings.

Also I tried different settings in the Airport Manager: BER active/inactive, TML, winter/summer, it all doesn't make a difference. Also no runway sound, no matter what I choose. Next to that I now also noticed that the runway has no winter textures. Is this because of the texture choice made by the developers as written in the EDDB manual (no water textures in favor of improved ground textures)? How are these things at your end, or anybody elses for that matter?

Looking at your picture more closely again btw, I can also see the jetway rather high. It's not very well visible because of angle and zoom. Maybe you want to check again?

Anyway, I'm a bit at a loss here now. Is it a general issue, also more people (might) have, or should I try to re-install if that makes any scence. Still leaning towards the general issue though..

Any changes tried btw I did as 'run as administrator' as suggested.

Looking forward to more possible causes and appropriate solutions. Again, any help is much appreciated!

Gr.,

Sebastiaan

post-116224-0-76694900-1412276375_thumb.

post-116224-0-22378300-1412276412_thumb.

post-116224-0-71457500-1412276446_thumb.

• Developer

Did you park the aircraft correct at the first picture, the jetway seams to be very short here, so that he is high pitched.

Hi Oliver,

In the picture you mention I just spawned the aircraft there. True that wherever you spawn, the NGX rolls a bit forward. Also here, so the sign says 'too far'. It's not that far however and the jetway still has to extend far out. Also at other airports it doesn't result in any issue (also not at EDDB-SXF). Nevertheless the issue still exists the same at EDDB when I park on the right spot after a flight. I'll attach a couple of pictures at different angle and zoom of when I spawned and 'shift-p' the aircraft backwards untill the sign says oblk->time. I then reset the position (F7). It makes no difference, the jetway is equally too high.

Gr.,

Sebastiaan

post-116224-0-96332000-1412679217_thumb.

post-116224-0-70765100-1412679224_thumb.

post-116224-0-07144300-1412679231_thumb.

post-116224-0-54693500-1412679238_thumb.

post-116224-0-50721700-1412679441_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Additionally today I tried using the bagage loaders and stairs from AES (normally I use GSX there). I found that AES bagage loaders and stairs do align proper and the same as at other airports. Also, when I spawn at a parkingspot without jetway at EDDB (e.g. A04), AES rolls in the stairs to the front left door which also aligns proper. Makes me think it seems to be isolated to the jetways.. And the runway sound and textures..

Any ideas?

Gr.,

Sebastiaan

• 5 months later...
  • Aerosoft

Hello Sebastian,

do you have AES 2.38 and can reproduce that issue? Can you try to use F8 to be moved to the correct position?

Jonas

Archived