Is there a way to customize the different trucks depending on airport

chusair

I am sure that this is been answer many times so please forgive me for repeating a question that probably is already answered. Is there a way to customize rge trucks and other vehicles depending on the airport. I am very slow when it comes to computer so please be patient and explain with details. Thanks again for been so kind, your answer and help is much appreciated.

Okay,

I wil give it a try for you. Before this you have to understand that you only can change the vehicles "per airport".

First go to http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/42-airport-vehicle-repaint/. Here you will find all kind of custom repainted vehicles. Search in the forum for the airport you want to change vehicles. For example "EDDF" and you will find a download http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1308-aes-replacement-textures-eddf-frankfurt-fraport/.

Download the textures. Unzip the content in a temporary folder. Than copy it into your FS9/Aerosoft/Aes/Texture folder.

You will see in your temporary folder that the names of the files have the airportcode in it. Like AES-VN-07-04-EDDF.bmp. The EDDF you can change in every airport code you want or make it "XXXX" (then the vehicles will be at every AES airport) or "ED--" then the vehicles will only be seen at German airports. For more info about the names, see the AES manual. Best to rename it, use a bulk rename program in windows.

Maybe this little explanation will help you. So for short, textures can be downloaded and installed.

If you want to see the effect of the new textures, you have to start en exit the AESHelp tool. Otherwise you won't see the new vehicles.

Archived