MCDU freezing + DIR

mindyerbeak

My mcdu freezes on me when I use the DIR function only and always at LOWW.

You could try replicating this or something similar by doing the following. Enter this route: LOWW MOTIX UL610 PABSA UQ610 INBED UL610 BATTY UL608 COA UL179 SASKI UL608 LOGAN EGLC

Now move or make sure the plane (either the a318 or the a319)is.. rwy 34. Enter rwy 34 in the mcdu with _no_ sid.Now take off and fly rwy heading for a few miles,turn left 260.Now.Hit dir and enter MOTIX in the dir box. it should freeze the mcdu .( and eventually the pc ?)
P.S. I also tried replicating this problem with the a320.No issue.The a320 works just fine.

Hiya,

Got the same issue, when i tried to put in a waypoint and then press the direct button. Left mcdu freezes completely, some time later CTD of FSX.

Yes, i've the hotfix installed.

Marcel

Maybe I figured what is happening here. My left MCDU crashes (and after awhile also fsx)if I enter in the dir-to box the same waypoint the plane is next flying to .If i enter any other waypoint along the flightplan it is all fine.

Hi!

I just wanted to say that this has happened to me already 2 times. When I enter the next waypoint I'm flying to in the DIR page (for example when I'm holding on that waypoint and then I want to exit that holding).

I had something similar happen tonight, I was on approach to CYUL 24R and I tried to proceed direct to LONNA and had the left-side MCDU lock up and eventually the sim crashed. This was in P3D 2.3 without the hotfix installed (will go install those now).

I had this freez yesterday, therafter a CTD. I tried to modify the flpln route. First on enroute i add STAR and Transition. After this i make a DTO. Then i delete some points in the list, but the one point was wrong. Go back and insert STAR and Transition again. Then go back to DTO and will set a DTO. All blue no reaction and thats all. Maybe between two and five minutes, the FSX crash with fmgs.dll error.

I had a MCDU freeze and soon followed by CTD. Here is the situation:

ILS approach for 22R at EFHK. ATC didn't clear me to land so I had to go around. After missed approach, I went to DIR and tried to enter direct to waypoint, that was near my FAF.

MCDU froze, but the aircraft continued to fly until the CTD.

So i get a freez and CTD in following conditions and i can reproduce it every time:

Start at EDDV

MCDU: Depature out of rwy 09L CEL then CEL transition back to 09L

I flew exactly this route and in ILS final on DH, go around

The plane turn left to NIE, but there is no NIE in FLP

I go to DIRTO page and type in NIE and click on DIRTO and then my MCDU freez...

No response of any button and then FSX crash with fmgc.dll.

I have tried it three times and can exactly reproduce this error. I use only FSX no weather program or other standalone third party addons in background.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The plane turn left to NIE, but there is no NIE in FLP

I go to DIRTO page and type in NIE and click on DIRTO

Absolutely do not understand what you are doing here ???

Sows us some screenshots of the PFD/ND/FCU/left MCDU with the flightplan

Totally simple... Do an ILS Approach on RWY 09L then make a go around. After go around the plane turn left as expected to NIE. Now try to do to make a direct to NIE via MCDU. Then you will get this crash.

Absolutely do not understand what you are doing here ???

Sows us some screenshots of the PFD/ND/FCU/left MCDU with the flightplan

Exactly the same situation I described for EFHK, but this time at EDDV.

After missed approach, click DIR. Now write any waypoint not on the flight plan and click LSK 1L => Freeze => Crash

I've already added my name to this bug report in another thread, but it also happens when flying the route KEWR-KBOS (or any N90 airport to KBOS) with the routing MERIT KRANN3. MERIT does not appear on the DIR page, and entering it into the flight plan causes an MCDU freeze and eventual sim crash. Activating NAV at this time causes the aircraft to turn in compliance with the old route (which for me is MANUAL = track a specific heading for vectors; for KEWR this is westbound, away from MERIT and KBOS).

Entering a waypoint from the flight plan does not cause a crash (tested on KBDR (yes, Bridgeport; barely had enough runway to get airborne) to KLGA).

Same problem here. LDRI KULE2C KULEN M986 KOTOR KOTO2B LDZA.

This SID is one of many that are not displayed correctly, so after departure I switched to HDG mode. After passing RI NDB and 3000ft, started right turn to RJK VOR. When established on heading to RJK, wanted to enter DIR RJK but there was a problem:

- RJK was not in the list of DIR points, althow it was the NEXT point in MCDU flightplan;

- entered RJK into scratchpad and when pressed on LSK1, at first nothing happened (RJK still in scratchpad), then MCDU froze and after few seconds CTD.

This SID is one of many that are not displayed correctly

Are you using the default NAVDATA, or did you install cycle 1410?

Default NavDataPro:

SID,KULE2C,14,2

FA,RW14,45.22565556,14.56143333,0,RJK,288.5,0.3,141,2,678,0,0,0,0,0,0,

DF,RI,45.13751111,14.65293333,0, ,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,

FA,RI,45.13751111,14.65293333,0,RJK,142.0,6.3,141,2,3300,0,0,0,0,0,0,

DF,RJK,45.22412222,14.56696111,2, ,0.0,0.0,2,7000,0,0,0,0,0,0,

TF,KULEN,45.16527778,15.13361111,0, ,0.0,0.0,0,0.00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,

Navigraph 1410:

SID,KULE2C,14,2

CF,RI,45.137511,14.652933,0,RJK,141.9,6.4,141.0,6.0,2,3300,0,0,0,0,0,1,

DF,RJK,45.224122,14.566961,2, ,0.0,0.0,2,7000,0,0,0,0,0,0,

TF,KULEN,45.165278,15.133611,0, ,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,

Notice the extra 'FA' lines in the default data, the first DF is replaced with a CF, and the altitude restriction is merged into this CF. There are a few columns in the CSV formatting whose significance eludes me, but I'm pretty sure the format is:

Type of fix, Name, Lat, Lon, ???, Reference point, radial from reference, distance from reference, next course, type of altitude constraint (2=at or above), altitude constraint (0=no constraint),?,?,?,?,?,?

(I find the PMDG representation more straightforward: SID KULE2C RNW 14 FIX OVERFLY RINB AT OR ABOVE 3300 TURN RIGHT DIRECT FIX RJK AT OR ABOVE 7000 FIX KULEN)

Are you using the default NAVDATA, or did you install cycle 1410?

Using NavData Pro 1410.

To my understanding the Line: DF,RJK,45.22412222,14.56696111,2, ,0.0,0.0,2,7000,0,0,0,0,0,0, should be interpreted as "turn RIGHT direct to RJK, RJK at or above 7000ft", but the direction of turn is not interpreted by A31x and it turns to the side with smaller angle, so the turn is made to the LEFT, as the angle is 178* instead of right where the angle is 182*. Because of this I have to execute the turn either hand flying or using HDG mode.

Archived