A personal note from the Project Manager

• Aerosoft

Thanks.

• Thanks for the incredible amount of people that bought our baby busses. Seriously, a lot of customers.
  • Thanks for the incredible amount of people who ordered the bundle that includes a product that is not ready yet. It shows a confidence in our team that we seriously appreciate.
  • Thanks for understanding that we had to do the staggered release. We really did not want angry customers who could not reach servers or get slow downloads. At certain hours we got close to overload but we never saturated the servers.
  • Thanks for the incredible way many customers have reacted to the issues we seen. Certainly the FPS issues that hurt some people hard was annoying but we now think we know what's causing it and can start to work on a fix.

Last weekend was crunch time for the whole team, developers, testers, advisors. We really solved issues up to minutes before we delivered the files to the department that makes the installers, I remember the time we were so small I did all of that. Very little sleep for some (Tuesday my family called me the dead zombie, a step down from standard zombie). People like Joshua worked until they fell asleep on the keyboard. That is one determined young man.

The most stressing part was that GURU, a person we fully trusted, turned out to have serious issues. A lot of you will have seen the extremely strange posts on the forum he posted, there was even mentioning of him being admitted to hospital and being dead. Luckily that all turned out to be false. It seems GURU had personal issues that confused him. We honestly hope he will recover from this.

However he left me a nasty issue to solve. Some of the sound we paid him for, turned out to be stolen from PMDG. Some direct copies, some slightly altered. We found out after we released as a very nice customer wrote to us. An idiot would have seen his chance to make a mark in the FS community but this guy contacted us and even offered to help us solve it. But can you imagine how I felt after we were alerted to this? Let's say it was good that I do not have neighbours that can understand Dutch.

Of course I contacted Robert at PMDG immediately. Now we have worked with Robert for a long time but I think this was the first time we had an issue like this. He could have stopped sales with just one word and I would not have blamed him at all. This is business, very serious business. However he listened to what I had to say, said he would license the sounds to us so there would be no problem. We'll pay for that in a future royalty discussion I am sure, but my heart rate went below 100 after I read his mail. It was a very very nice gesture.

I am mentioning this because I am sure somebody will find out the similarities between the affected sounds some time in future and it would cause a lot of PR issue we would have to deal with. It's solved, all is legal, there is no conflict. And they are damned good sounds. I do realize this puts GURU in a rather nasty spot. To protected Aerosoft I got to put the blame directly on him. Of course I have asked our money back (it will pay for the beers I owe PMDG) but we honestly hope he is not online but getting some help. I will not accept any nasty comments towards him here.

We do get rather a lot of people asking if they can work at Aerosoft. Now you got an idea of what you got to deal with. It's the best job in the world and I work with some seriously nice and dedicate people and I get paid princely sum. But some weeks.....

So even though it sounds soppy, thanks. Thanks to customers and to the people who made this possible.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I (we) appreciate all the hard work and effort that everyone put into this project.

Such a shame something marred the release,but I believe Guru's brother Steve died about a year ago.which may have had something to do with it.

Jude

Well, WE have to thank you for this awesome job! A fair price and a HUGE improvement in relation to A320/321 extended. The costumer support is fantastic! Really fast and during the development we see all kind of screens and videos! Much better than the complete silence out there.

Guru is a talented guy but is facing too much lately.. At least you guys solved the problems and we have a pretty nice sound! Once again, thank you for your hard work!

A lot of hard work and stress for the Aerosoft team to deal with, but the end result is by far the best Airbus we've ever had in any version of Flight Sim.

:bow_down2_s:

Thanks Mathijs. As a project manager myself for the original CDN I know what it means to pull things together in a manner like this, especially when you have a deadline to hit.

I've just completed my first flight, and I was going to post how awesome the sounds are, and that was before I read this post. It seems PDMG have acted very reasonably in this unfortunate situation. I hope it doesn't affect future releases...

All the best. Looking forward to the A320/A321 (bought the bundle!)

Hi Aerosoft,

well done. I flew AXE, now its the 319 and every Euro is it worth. The plane is amazing, I personally have no soft- and hardware problems. Everything looks great.

The new 319 now is my favourite. I can´t get enough flying this little bus. Really good work, guys and many greetings from Germany.

A pity you guys are spread over Europe and the world. We could go to the pub and buy you all lots of beers. Nice post Mathijs, well done all.

Rob (currently en route Toulouse - Hamburg :excellenttext_s: )

Such a shame something marred the release,but I believe Guru's brother Steve died about a year ago.which may have had something to do with it.

Jude

Are you absolutely sure Steve died? I remember posts in the past about his death. They were very similar to last GURU posts about his heart attack.

Firstly, thanks for the heads up Mathijs, and thanks for the "Bargain of a lifetime", as the team put in some serious work :excellenttext_s:

As far as PMDG is concerned, just what I would expect from them no less. Same as I know Aerosoft would handle such a situation.

There are certain companies one trusts, and it is great to know how great the individuals are even though it is a given.

Thanks for your post Mathijs, very appreciated.

You and your team deliverd a fantastic product and all i can say that it is a pleasure to support you in the future too.

Concerning GURU...well that makes me really not wonder.

UPVOTE for you and your team !

Thanks Mathijs,

all dealt with in a purely professional manner. Having dealt with you, as a customer, from the LAGO days, I would have expected nothing less. This level of acceptance of responsibility is what sets Aerosoft apart from some of the other players in this industry. And Captain Randazzo, you just showed yourself as the gentleman that I always suspected that you were.

I'm currently in an A318 at FL320 enroute to EGPF and so far the flight has been flawless - well done to all involved.

Scott.

Excellent software, extremely candid and open statement by Mathijs and, as ever, top quality customer service. This makes us customers a little bit like part of the Aerosoft family. Thanks to you all.

Kudos to you and all of the team Mathijs. Your customer support is really second to none, and I love the transparancy in your decision making and team work. It is an unfortunate situation Guru has put himself in but by being open as you are people can see it is not Aerosofts fault.

Keep up the great work guys.

Are you absolutely sure Steve died? I remember posts in the past about his death. They were very similar to last GURU posts about his heart attack.

I was confirmed by a close friend of his,in the avsim forums.

Come one, let's not delve that low. Yes his brother was Steve Inwood, I knew him. Regardless what Mark may have done, please don't cast shadows on Steve's good name. He was one of the most professional, helpful and friendly people in the FS hobby.

Im proud of have given my money to aerosoft. An amazing product for sure!

Regarding the sounds, i have a question: If the product has 737 sounds, can we expect an updated sound set?

We made an agreement with PMDG to use these sounds. Since the A319 also has CFM56 engines the sounds are perfectly in place here.

Archived