Frozen Next Waypoint on ND

Scotflieger

I have flown a couple text flights in the A319 and am very impressed.

On both flights I experienced a problem where the next waypoint (top right in ND) became frozen/fixed on one route point and would not change to the next. Trying to select a Direct to point also failed to change the next route point in the ND or the displayed route. The FMC route was showing the correct next route point (in white). In the case of flying the demo route from LOWI to LFMN the next route point of RODRU (see photo). The distance to RODRU continued to increase as I flew further down route.

post-103067-0-03677800-1411636052_thumb.

post-103067-0-25186500-1411635687_thumb.

You could try replicating the problem or something similar by doing the following. Enter this route: LOWW MOTIX UL610 PABSA UQ610 INBED UL610 BATTY UL608 COA UL179 SASKI UL608 LOGAN EGLC

Now move or make sure the plane (either the a318 or the a319)is.. rwy 34. Enter rwy 34 in the mcdu with no sid.Now take off and fly rwy heading for a few miles,turn left 260.Now.Hit dir and enter MOTIX in the dir box. it should freeze the mcdu .( and eventually the pc ?)

To me that happened as well during a flight yesterday...mi first thought it still follows the route but this was just because the route was straight for a while. At the next left turn of the route i noticed the A319 continues straight. I then entered a direct to the next wp ahead and thereafter everything continued normal. Using Navdatapro

thinking about this the same happened to me it overflew a watpoint NOVAD instead of turning left on the route. I selected Diret to the next waypoint and it corrected with no problems the rest of the flight. i thought it was just a route issue but now other people are saying they have the same issue so.

You could try duplicating the problem or something similar by doing the following. Enter this route: LOWW MOTIX UL610 PABSA UQ610 INBED UL610 BATTY UL608 COA UL179 SASKI UL608 LOGAN EGLC

Now move or make sure the plane (either the a318 or the a319)is.. rwy 34. Enter rwy 34 in the mcdu with no sid.Now take off and fly rwy heading for a few miles,turn left 260.Now.Hit dir and enter MOTIX in the dir box. it should freeze the mcdu .( and eventually the pc ?)

I carried out the procedure twice with the same result. On selected DCT to MOTIX I first had a Yellow line direct to MOTIX and when I click insert, the correct direct line (in green) was drawn from the aircraft to the route point and the aircraft steered on to that line.

To me that happened as well during a flight yesterday...mi first thought it still follows the route but this was just because the route was straight for a while. At the next left turn of the route i noticed the A319 continues straight. I then entered a direct to the next wp ahead and thereafter everything continued normal. Using Navdatapro

In both cases in my test flights, the AP continued to follow the programmed route with the FMC change the next route point to white as the route progressed. It was only the ND next route point (top left) that remained fixed by the distance showed the increasing distance to that point.

Additional Information: I repeated the demo flight again (LOWI-LFMN) and I was able to repeat the problem. In the cruise I paused FSX for up to an hour (Abendessen) between 2 route points (as I did this morning). On coming out of pause the A319 continued normally to the next displayed route point. On reaching the route point, the ND display did not change to the following route point and the distance to go started to increase for the rest of the flight. However, the FMC FPLN correctly switched to the following route point for the remainder of the flight.

I hope this helps.

I carried out the procedure twice with the same result. On selected DCT to MOTIX I first had a Yellow line direct to MOTIX and when I click insert, the correct direct line (in green) was drawn from the aircraft to the route point and the aircraft steered on to that line.

In both cases in my test flights, the AP continued to follow the programmed route with the FMC change the next route point to white as the route progressed. It was only the ND next route point (top left) that remained fixed by the distance showed the increasing distance to that point.

I tested again and the mcdu freezes every time I do it. I hit dir, enter motix and dang the mcdu freezes on me.

I am experiencing the same problem with the NavDataPro database, had also that issue with the navigraph data on the A320/A321, but after a while it did fix it self, but special when using the NavDataPro database that happens all the time.

And only on the A318/A319 as it is per now.

Haven`t tried with the Navigraph database and seen if that fixes the problem.

It was with this Route:

(FPL-EZY3251-IS
-A319/M-SDE2E3FGIJ1RWXY/E
-EGSS1555
-N0438F390 DET1R DET L6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 REMBA DCT LIRSU UZ210
KRH UM150 UTABA UL607 ELMEM UN606 GIRIS UZ905 VIC UN503 CHI UL612
ANC UM736 ERIKA UZ910 AKAMO
-LIRN0215 LIBD
-PBN/B1D1O1S2 DAT/V DOF/140929 REG/GEZBN EET/EGTT0017 EBUR0018
EDUU0041 LOVV0114 LIMM0119 LIBB0151 LIRR0207 SEL/MQCP CODE/400FDF
OPR/EZY RVR/075 RMK/TCAS)
The same happened on the return with a different route.

post-92301-0-62672400-1412026021_thumb.j

Had the same issue today between EGSS and EKCH, after DOSUR it froze again, and the MCDU continued the flight as planned, but the ND froze up at DOSUR and I had to get ATC to give me heading vectors for the rest of the approach.

The route was ending with DOSUR DCT TUDLO and TUDLO1F rwy 22L for landing at EKCH, it happens all the time with all routes I am doing, and now with the Navigraph Database active instead of the Nav Data Pro database.

Just flown a 2:45 flight (LXGB-EGLL) with v1.10 and had repeat of this reported fault. The next waypoint froze at REVTU (122NM from EGLL). I did notice at around the same time that the ND route (in NAV mode) had disappeared behind my present position. I also found that I was unable to call up the Arrival runway details on MCDU(L) for available runways and STARs to cope with a change in active runway.

Route flown LXGB 09 - PIMOS UN869 BLN UN865 VTB UN867 BLV UP87 DOMUT - STAR OAK4B - EGLL 27L

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, do we have a fix for this issue yet? It is becoming an annoying problem in around 50% of all flights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are testing a fix, but we have never had any tester reporting events like this happening on half the flights. And if it would happen on half the flights of tens of thousands of users I would think this forum would look rather more grim than it does now. So either you are extremely unlucky or there is something more going on on your system.

Archived