----> A318/319 Crashing on exit, combination topic (probably solved)

cloudswimmer

hmm... strange that the last one here only happens after the flight but not before the flight if i understand it right.. and the other even when you just select the plane..

as far as I remember from the 320/1 was it happend to me like in the first case as well by not even start the flight only selcting the airbus and shut down.. but lets se some more reports in here thanks..

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am unable to recreate any of that on the 4 test machines we have here. So we are still looking for something on the machines that is not as we expect it before we can look at changing something in our code.

I can replicate it on two machines. Only way to avoid it is start flight on runway with the trike, then switch to the 318/19, then I can exit without crash. Maybe something going on with DEP? Specs of both machines:

System#1

Asus A8N, Intel Sandy@4.8ghz, 800watt PCP&C, 8gb, EVGA GeForce 670/4gb, 4xCrucial M4 SSD, Dell U3011, Saitek Cessna Yoke, Rudders, Trim Wheel, TPM/ /Windows 7x64 Home Premium w/current updates, latest Nvidia drivers as of 9/28/14, FSX Gold, FSUIPCv9, Accufeel, REX, FEX, ASN, Opus, Mogwaisoft Shade, Megascenery Earth V1&2 all, FSDT all, Flightbeam all, PMDG all, A2A all, Realair all, CS MD-11/707/737, Majestic Q400, Carenado all, Alabeo all, Airbus X, Airbus X A318/319, FS Build 2, PFPX, Topcat, FSXFlight&Foreflight Pro

System#2

AMD FX4300@3.8ghz, 800watt, 8gb, GeForce GT610, 1TB platter drive/ /Windows 7x64 Home Premium w/current updates, FSX Gold, PMDG NGX, Airbus X A318/319

Chris Strobel

Irvine, CA

www.flightdeck1.com

Hey,

The same way as Cloudswimmer :

I found a solution to get around and avoid the crash when closing FSX on my config.

I start my flight by loading a plane ( C172 by default, for example ) that runs on the chosen scene. Once the aircraft and the scene loaded, I load the A318-319 then make my flight. Then back to the menu and I find the aircraft chose at start. From there, when I close FSX, everything goes normally.

I'm not a scientist, but so there is indeed a link between the presence of A318-319 in the menu and the crash of FSX. Also, I've realized that when I am in the menu with A318-319 loaded, if I want to change the graphics settings for example, FSX is stuck ... unable to leave.

Regards,

Bill.

well could you with this problem try 3 things

1) start the FSX and just shut it down whit out doeing anything

2) start the FSX and select the airbus but dont start the Sim shut it down

3) Just do as normal start a flight select airport and such as you would normaly do and try set up the plane and shut down the sim..

we realy need to find out as I well know the same behaviur by the 320/1 in the start and by the updates stoped.. some say it crash whit out even start the simuator and that might indicate someting loading other say it does not

I personaly can´t check if i see it by the new version, sorry.

but it happens to some and is annoyeing I know and FSX dont like that kind of shut down as it´s not the right way and it does not close the curent files corect always...

we need to se if we can find a way to se if some stuff can be seen by all of you to try solve / locate where it could be..

Hello,

If it can help you :

1) program terminates normally.

2) it freezes and i must to kill the process through the task manager.

3) it freezes and i must to kill the process through the task manager.

Regards,

Bill.

Ok just got the plane less than 2 hour to help and tested it out in P3D and see the problem as well. But only when I start the sim selecet the plane and shut down in P3D(limited testing of end after flight), could be diferent in FSX but i don`t want to make bad things happen to that as well.. so something is not right as it´s not normal behaviur.

quick test is as i expected a dll file causing it and located to be a file called Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll as seen in this small demonstrations video: http://www.twitch.tv/kaptejnln/b/573908870

but let me point out I cant say for sure as there are many dll files and as we know that it could be in another file that cause it as i might just have removed a link for another file thats actualy the real cause.. but I tryeid remove all other dll files and only keep this file, and it happens.

So thats the status confirmed that it can keep the sim running.. in the test raas pro and all othe stuff turned off to try testing it by as clean as posible version 1.0 no hot fix installed.

Just downloaded and tried it.

Started FSX with A319 CFM at LOWW

Started Track IR, EZDOK, FSFK, Airbus XConnect Extended

Shut down FSX

Normal behavier, nothing hangs, FSX shuts down like a virgin

So for me no more Problems.

Hi,

Ok I tried Mathijs solution but it doesn't work by me. Sorry...

Thank you all for your consideration even if it seems minor, this issue pose a major inconvenience to me. I have a network config and the crash of FSX induced SimConnect crash. So I have to restart the server after each crash, indeed, killing fsx.exe via the Task Manager is not enough. Thank you for your help.

B.

No makes no diference here either.. It still keeps running when I select aircraft and exit.. tested by version 1.00

Edit:

I had a look at the file Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll I pointed out. I am no Programmer, but I just wounder inside that dokument you have many lines between 2 sections that is no text in fact 287 lines. Just woundering as I never seen that in a dll file before, so many lines of nothing.. and think if that could be a problem for some systems that might fail..

I found an error that 'might' cause the crash on exit under some conditions.

Please unzip this file into FSMainDir\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems and try again

attachicon.gifSound.zip

It looks like working. Thank you!

Hi.

Just for info.

I too had the same hanging problem on FSX exit, but only with the A319. I also identified the Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll that KAPTEJNL mentions as the file causing the hang(I tested by disabling everything in the Panel_Fallback folder and enabled one by one). Finally got rid of the crash with setting DisablePreload=0. Seems like the A319 requires FSX to startup with full pre load, which is no big deal for me, so happy it's working OK now.

Rob

We believe we found another cause of this.

Again it is SO weird this only happens on a few systems and NEVER on a clear freshly installed system.

Yes it returned. Maybe a sign to uninstall FSX and try Prepar...preload setting didn't help

I tried this about 3 mins ago. Since FSX would crash to a frozen screen on exit from the loaded A318/19 I decided to see what would happen if I went to the aircraft menu first to changed back to the default start-up glider then exit from FSX.....PESTO!!! FSX shut down as per normal.

Not sure what's causing it but here is a work-a-round without having to kill the process thru Task Manager and without resetting Disablepreload back to 0

Keino

I tried this about 3 mins ago. Since FSX would crash to a frozen screen on exit from the loaded A318/19 I decided to see what would happen if I went to the aircraft menu first to changed back to the default start-up glider then exit from FSX.....PESTO!!! FSX shut down as per normal.

Not sure what's causing it but here is a work-a-round without having to kill the process thru Task Manager and without resetting Disablepreload back to 0

Keino

Thank you for that Keino, works a treat.

Hello again,

today, afetr installing the newest hotfix 1.02, I again have a CTD after closing FSX. "Microsoft Flightsimulatror has stopped working".

And thats a part of the detailed text:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: FMGS.DLL_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 542ddfce

Exception Offset: 1a18c3fe

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

etc.pp

Does anybody now, what that "FMGS.dll unloaded" means?

EDIT: after changing the "new" FMGS.dll from todays hotfix with the same file from the last hotfix, I get no "crashing on Exit"!

So for me as an IT Amateur, it must be todays hotfix FMGS.DLL what causes my Problem.

• Aerosoft

Keino

But why do you want preload changed from the MS default?

Well, this is the third thing that my install doesn't like about patch 1.02. For some reason my P3D install has started crashing when exiting (with the A319 loaded), and sometimes also CTD's when I crash (into the runway!)

I've had all the hotfixes as they've been released, and have effectively overwritten each other if that makes a difference (unless 1.02, for example, doesn't contain a complete superset of earlier patches and that's why something is wrong).

I'll uninstall in the morning and go back to 1.01c.

Ta

But why do you want preload changed from the MS default?

For me I've had issue when reloading the sim (FSX) from a manual shutdown prior to reaching max VAS. With all of the complex AC installed (ABX, PMDG, CLS, Wiclo, Carenado, Qwings, CS, and so on...) when Dp=0 I on occasion can't recovery the AC back to the stage I exited from. Perhaps I'm doing something else wrong, but with Dp=1 I've yet to duplicate the issue.

I also have the same problem with the 318/319 all other aircraft including the AXE are fine. It's certainly not related to a weather engine as I still get the problem even if I don't run ASN. the only addon's that are running are UT2 and EZDOK.

As the problem is on exit from the aircraft selection screen is the issue not related in some way to that?

The solution by keino333 does work for me but is obviously not ideal. however it does seem to point to the aircraft selection screen again as the solution to choose the trike before exiting does work. just a thought :)

well that it works by selecting another plane is quite obvius as if it was someting that loads every time you would have the problem at any aircraft after the A318/9 is installed.. ofcause there could have been an exception that when you first load A318/9 it would keep doeing the thing that cause it even you select another plane.. but again leads back to whats goeing on at exit inside the 318/9, it seems like someting is keep running or failing to shut down in a given order to close FSX.

But the qustion still remains some se it crash other it just keep running for ever..

Keino

Same for me....if I reload the default glider, FSX shuts down normally. I haven' t tested the "sound" file fix that Mathjis suggested yet.

• Aerosoft

Same for me....if I reload the default glider, FSX shuts down normally. I haven' t tested the "sound" file fix that Mathjis suggested yet.

Please do, it solved the issue for some users and we're just trying to figure out what can cause it.

• Aerosoft

Got a new lead on this.

On one of my systems (P3D 2.4) with RAAS active (and after hearing the first RAAS call) I get a crash on exit. When I disable RAAS this does not happen anymore.

Could people who have a crash on exit please try disabling RAAS? Easiest done by disabling it in the DLL.XML (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2). Just change Disabled>False</Disabled> into Disabled>True</Disabled>

Archived