----> A318/319 Crashing on exit, combination topic (probably solved)

cloudswimmer

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same here, crash on exit. d3d9.dll

Mine is same related to that one, checked on event viewer, hope it can be solved.

That's what I've done:

ESC -> End Flight, after few seconds it crashed.

Thank you!

And what does your event viewer tell you?

There's:

Nome da aplicação com falha: fsx.exe, versão: 10.0.61637.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x46fadb14
Nome do módulo com falha: g3d.dll, versão: 10.0.61637.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x46fadb58
Código de excepção: 0xc0000005
Desvio de falha: 0x0008dc04
ID do processo com falha: 0x3250
Data/hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01cfd9b320bd219d
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll
ID do Relatório: 18dbf2d3-45a8-11e4-af96-e0b9a5f2f9af
Happens with A318/A319, with A320/A321 nothing happens.

• Aerosoft

There's:

Nome da aplicação com falha: fsx.exe, versão: 10.0.61637.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x46fadb14
Nome do módulo com falha: g3d.dll, versão: 10.0.61637.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x46fadb58
Código de excepção: 0xc0000005
Desvio de falha: 0x0008dc04
ID do processo com falha: 0x3250
Data/hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01cfd9b320bd219d
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll
ID do Relatório: 18dbf2d3-45a8-11e4-af96-e0b9a5f2f9af
Happens with A318/A319, with A320/A321 nothing happens.

Thanks, that is a lot more use to us then 'me too'.

Thanks, that is a lot more use to us then 'me too'.

I'd be willing to help on this issue any way I can, except for building up my virgin FSX install for reasons I posted above. So what exactally do you want us to post I.e. Dll.xml, exe.xml, fsx.cfg, etc? And do you want us to post it here in this thread, or do you guys use any kind of bug tracking software like Mantis? This crashing on exit I'm sure is effecting even more than we know as not everyone is going to report it, I was not going to report it as I basically just have a cursory interest in the product, and I rarely visit these forums, however when I saw others with the same issue I figured I'd post in hopes to in some way help others who may really be into the product and frustrated. So again let us know exactally what would be most helpful for you to have from us.

Chris

I have the same problem and have to kill the process as well. However, interestingly on the last flight, a message from Couatl (GSX) forcing GSX to close....any thoughts here (is everyone else using GSX as well)?

I have the same problem and have to kill the process as well. However, interestingly on the last flight, a message from Couatl (GSX) forcing GSX to close....any thoughts here (is everyone else using GSX as well)?

Yes I use GSX and a couple of their airports, but no messages from them here. Update: Ok I just got a GSX message of an update that adds compatibility with the A318/319. So I installed it, but the A318/319 STILL hangs FSX on exit unfortunately. I don't even need to start the flight, just loading the A318/319 in the free flight menu then x'ing out of FSX hangs FSX, forcing me to close it via the task manager.

I've got the issue too, only happens with the 319, not the A320

ASN beta and GSX and latest FSUIPC

Hi Jude,

Mine is same as yours, btw I don't have GSX and using latest official ASN, without beta and latest FSUIPC.

Please could you post information of your event viewer too see if the cause is same of mine and most users to Aerosoft work on a fix?

Thanks.

This is the error log from yesterday,but nothing from today

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x72b9cb49
Faulting process id: 0x43c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfda2f1aa8d749
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 01f13c8b-4625-11e4-8e59-50e54952cd74
Not telling very much here I'm afraid.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Guys, could you please check the follwoing.

- your OS is 100 up-to-date (run Windows Updater)

- you have the latest version of the MS C++ Libraries (2005, 2008 and 2010) for x86 and x64

The last step is important. I recently experienced the case that another Software installed older C++ libraries.

Guys, could you please check the follwoing.

- your OS is 100 up-to-date (run Windows Updater)

- you have the latest version of the MS C++ Libraries (2005, 2008 and 2010) for x86 and x64

The last step is important. I recently experienced the case that another Software installed older C++ libraries.

I've all C++, but my is related to g3d.dll.

I guess Windows Update also verify update C++ libraries, right?

could agree more about older C++ libraries installed, always find it iritating a install just rush in old stuff, also windows don´t like those mixes of new and old.

never understand why it´s not standard for all to check if a later version is in, as i know some provide it and others don´t.

Realy a problem when you have a mix of old and new stuff, as you can install all in the right order and get a new "old add-on" and it has older stuff it want to install no mater you have newer versions..

it´s realy a huge problem by all that mixing.. but if windows just got all those updates as part of the update function, no need for it by installers. I can fully understand why windows is buggy as how would we feel if we got new and old stuff to deal whith...

ps here is a link to where you can get all the versions to both 32 and 64 bit: http://en.vessoft.com/software/windows/download/microsoftvc

Hi,

MS C++ Libraries (2005, 2008 and 2010) for x86 and x64 up cleaned & reinstalled.

"DisablePreload=1 to 0" since 3 years...& always still this issue. FSX doesn't close, the process must be done manually.

And the known problem (never solved by the way), is every time the loss of "SimConnect".

Also Aerosoft "HELP US", please.

Thank you.

B.

Ok i reinstalled c++ redistributables and after the first flight was over i could exit FSX without any crash. I though the problem was solved. Now i am having the same issue again ... crashes to desktop or i must terminate the process from the task manager. So weird. Never had that issue before with the AXE.

well could you with this problem try 3 things

1) start the FSX and just shut it down whit out doeing anything

2) start the FSX and select the airbus but dont start the Sim shut it down

3) Just do as normal start a flight select airport and such as you would normaly do and try set up the plane and shut down the sim..

we realy need to find out as I well know the same behaviur by the 320/1 in the start and by the updates stoped.. some say it crash whit out even start the simuator and that might indicate someting loading other say it does not

I personaly can´t check if i see it by the new version, sorry.

but it happens to some and is annoyeing I know and FSX dont like that kind of shut down as it´s not the right way and it does not close the curent files corect always...

we need to se if we can find a way to se if some stuff can be seen by all of you to try solve / locate where it could be..

3) Just do as normal start a flight select airport and such as you would normaly do and try set up the plane and shut down the sim..

we realy need to find out as I well know the same behaviur by the 320/1 in the start and by the updates stoped.. some say it crash whit out even start the simuator and that might indicate someting loading other say it does not

but it happens to some and is annoyeing I know and FSX dont like that kind of shut down as it´s not the right way and it does not close the curent files corect always...

we need to se if we can find a way to se if some stuff can be seen by all of you to try solve / locate where it could be..

Ok here is the situation:

1)If i choose the AXE or any other aircraft and then shut down FSX, the program terminates normaly.

2)If i choose the A318/319 and immediately shut down FSX without doing any flight, the program just hangs. It freezes and i have to kill the process through the task manager.

3)If i choose the A318/319 and start a flight, when the flight is over and i hit ESC to leave the flight and return to the main menu of FSX, the program just crashes to desktop (different behaviour than case 2).

My fsx.cfg has only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak. No other aircraft causes FSX to freeze (case 2) or crash to dekstop (case 3).

In addition, the A318/319 is the only aircraft addon that when you set it to be your default aircraft when FSX starts, it won't let FSX even start, It just hangs and you have to terminate the process.

In my case:

1) OK

2) OK

3) If flight is loaded, after returning to main menu FSX is not closing when making exit (have to manually close fsx.exe *32 process)

Archived