Big difference in wind direction.

They are hardly ever going to match up perfectly, weather is dynamic.

That aside you have a PFPX departure time of 2045Z, you obscured the flightplan so cannot tell the time over INT but allowing around 30min would be 2115Z. Yet ASN is reporting for 2020Z,

Hi,

I got the enclosed from NOAA but could not have it before 16/09 at 0000 which is close to your time.

Also I got from FSGRW around FL 370 at 2043 the following:

EGNX 067/007

EGCC 264/012

TNT is between these two airports.

As you can see from the chart the wind was quite variable in speed and direction only few miles apart so I am not surprised that a computer would give one result and another one nearly the opposite in direction.

When you are in that type of meteorological situation it is quite normal and, as you can see, the wind strenght is not significant, ranging from 0 to 10 kt.

PFPX winds look closer than ASN but I would not mind too much in that particular situation.

Regards,

JP

post-92552-0-80322500-1410863430_thumb.j

I have reported this buy to the ASN Support some weeks ago since I had some wind problems over the atlantic ocean (up to 80kt difference).

PFPX isn't at fault here, it has exactly the weather data my source I use for real world planning has too. ASN sometimes can have such problems though... I recall they worked on them and probably you can already get a fix from their forum (They got some Betas published there).

I've only had four long range flights since purchasing PFPX. My experience is the opposite, winds have been remarkably close and within direction +/-10 deg and speed +/-10 kts. Don't forget to update your winds after about six hours of flight to keep the forecast current.

Hello,

To be precise we should have facts. I enclose 4 RW charts from different weather centres. Do not forget that they are FORECAST charts, not actual weather. The forecast is for FL300 today 20140918 1800 GMT. They do not have the same time of origin and the charts projections are not the same (I think we have Lambert and Mercator). The scales are different as well. You would find small differences between them with the direction and strenght of the winds. Now when you compare with PFPX there is absolutely nothing wrong with PFPX.

Regards,

JP

WASHINGTON.pdf

LONDON.pdf

METEO FRANCE.pdf

NORWAY.pdf

PFPX.pdf

Archived